Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Renegade and absolutely love it.

I was wondering what are some smaller mods that you have done to have big results?

Some I am thinking of:

Replacing the headlights with the Xenon replacements
Replace interior lights with LED
Plasti dip the chrome accents to black on my Glacier Metallic Renegade

My pic is in my avatar so any ideas are welcomed or what you did as well!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hello Cnasty!
I have replaced my factory headlights and fog lights with Sylvania SilverStar® zXe halogen, replaced most exterior and interior bulbs with LEDs
Installed air filter with K&N brand
Installed blk and chrome valve stem caps

·
Registered
216 Posts
I replaced the factory halogen headlights and foglights with Sylvania Silverstar Xze bulbs. They are pretty good and cost $59 per set so total of about 120 for both sets. I also replaced the DRL (day time running lights) with white LED bulbs; replaced license plate bulbs with LED; brake lights and tail lights with LED; was going to change out reverse lights but kept originals; replaced front yellow side-marker lights with LEDs. On interior, so far I have replaced cargo bulbs with LED, dome lights and will replace sun-visor bulbs with LED in near future. Make sure you get “CAN-BUS” or “Error Free” LED bulbs or your instrument panel in dash will display a message that says you have bulbs burnt-out. Your computer thinks this due to the fact that these LEDs use so little power compared to reg incandescent bulbs. It not that hard to replace, most covers pop off but use plastic tool or small flat-tip screwdriver with tape on the end. Headlights and front side-marker lights are easy to go to under hood. Fog lights and DRL will require you to remove cover in fender-well area; need to turn front tires all the way to right to gain access to left, then opposite for right side panel. Brake and tail lights require you to remove entire rear light housing from vehicle and also requires you to remove access panels on both sides in the cargo area. These panels pop-off and there is a large plastic wing-nut bolt thing that unscrews to allow removal of rear lights. You can search on you tube for a video to show you how to do it. Hope this info helpsJ

·
Registered
21 Posts
I replaced the factory halogen headlights and foglights with Sylvania Silverstar Xze bulbs. They are pretty good and cost $59 per set so total of about 120 for both sets. I also replaced the DRL (day time running lights) with white LED bulbs; replaced license plate bulbs with LED; brake lights and tail lights with LED; was going to change out reverse lights but kept originals; replaced front yellow side-marker lights with LEDs. On interior, so far I have replaced cargo bulbs with LED, dome lights and will replace sun-visor bulbs with LED in near future. Make sure you get “CAN-BUS” or “Error Free” LED bulbs or your instrument panel in dash will display a message that says you have bulbs burnt-out. Your computer thinks this due to the fact that these LEDs use so little power compared to reg incandescent bulbs. It not that hard to replace, most covers pop off but use plastic tool or small flat-tip screwdriver with tape on the end. Headlights and front side-marker lights are easy to go to under hood. Fog lights and DRL will require you to remove cover in fender-well area; need to turn front tires all the way to right to gain access to left, then opposite for right side panel. Brake and tail lights require you to remove entire rear light housing from vehicle and also requires you to remove access panels on both sides in the cargo area. These panels pop-off and there is a large plastic wing-nut bolt thing that unscrews to allow removal of rear lights. You can search on you tube for a video to show you how to do it. Hope this info helpsJ
Do you have specs for the LED bulbs. Which ones exactly and what site did you get them from? My TH should be here this week and I would really like to do this. I feel like LEDS just look and respond better.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Hang Ten,

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hello Hang-Ten
Pages 430-455 in your owners manual show what type bulbs your vehicle uses, location and how to change them. You can cross-reference the bulbs to LED equivalent. You can order LED bulbs from amazon, ebay, most auto part stores and even Walmart carries some LED bulbs. Just make sure they are "Error Free" or designed to be used on "CAN-BUS" system. Some bulbs will continue to glow some after you turn the vehicle off. Residual voltage in system makes them very dim for like 15minutes after shut-down but should not cause any battery issues.
Fog--H11 incandecent bulb converts to N/A LED-- try Sylvania Silver star ZXE halogen
Headlight--H13 incandecent bulb converts to N/A LED-- try Sylvania Silver star ZXE halogen
DRL--P21 incandecent bulb converts to 1157 LED
Front Directional--PY21W incandecent bulb converts to PY21 LED
Side Indicators (Front And Side View Mirror)WY5W incandecent bulb converts to 194 LED
Brake/Tail light--P21W incandecent bulb converts to 1156 LED
Back Up--W16W incandecent bulb converts to 921 LED
License Plate--W5W incandecent bulb converts to 194 LED
Interior (front courtesy, sun visors, rear dome)C5W incandecent bulb converts to 3710 LED
Map Light/ Trunk Cargo--W5W reg bulb converts to 194 LED

Hope this info helps!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Same Request on that K&N - I'd love to get that changed....

All I've really done to mine is add in the cargo area mat, cargo nets and sheepskin seat covers on the front seats.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What size/brand of sheepskin did you order? Pics? Has anyone ordered seat covers other than sheepskin & if so what would you recommend?
I got mine from a local vendor that I've been going to for years. He can custom cut something or take a generic size and make it fit. He'll even install 'em!
They just hook on with straps - easy on and off...
I paid $150 each and got the sheepskin covers for the seat belts while I was at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
I got mine from a local vendor that I've been going to for years. He can custom cut something or take a generic size and make it fit. He'll even install 'em!
They just hook on with straps - easy on and off...
I paid $150 each and got the sheepskin covers for the seat belts while I was at it.

Nice..... I'm thinking the sheepskin would be good in the AZ heat. Does your vendor ship.... and can you get me any contact info? Much appreciated!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice..... I'm thinking the sheepskin would be good in the AZ heat. Does your vendor ship.... and can you get me any contact info? Much appreciated!!
I'm sure he does, and if needed I can stop by so he knows which ones to grab.
I'll PM you the info - I highly recommend this guy - he's been doing sheepskin for 30 years :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
K&N filter that fits is 33-2380. You are correct, K&N has not came out yet with custom air filter for the Renegade but I measured the stock filter and ordered the K&N filter that was the closest match and it worked:)
Thanks for sharing, I've been looking to do even the smallest performance upgrade as the throttle response feels sluggish compared to other car. I'm thinking about waiting until someone makes an intake system or I mock up some kind of k&n cone setup.

Did you notice a considerable amount of performance?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sure how true this is but my dealer told me to stay with factory filter if you think you may ever have water wash over the air intake. The factory filter won't let water by and into the engine but the K&N will.
Anyone have more info on this?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.