Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the story:

Last Wednesday I took my Latitude in to the dealer for it's first oil change. While changing the oil they discovered that there was a small leak in the oil feed line to the turbo. Looks like a bad seal from the factory. They put me in a loaner Chrysler 200.

I talked to the service manager on Monday, he said he had an ETA on the part of Thursday morning (yesterday), and the Jeep would be ready Friday, today. I called them yesterday to confirm, only to have a different service rep tell me that the part is on backorder, they do not have an ETA when it will come in.

So now I don't know how long I'll be without my Renegade. :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Surely parts must be available by now? What are FCA playing at? Someone needs to get their finger out and this sorted. If I was the dealer, I would not be amused having to tell customers that we haven't got the parts and don't know when we will.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That stinks. Are they at least waiving the loaner fees?
Loaner fees? I've never even heard of such a thing. I've put over 1000 miles on that 200S over the past two weeks, and I'm not paying them a cent.

Anyway, the service department called me today to let me know that the parts have arrived and I can pick my Renegade up tomorrow. He said they had put a "rush / customer vehicle down" addendum on the order, but the computer still showed a delivery date of November 10 when the parts showed up. So obviously the parts supply system is a mess.

Also, apparently the turbo oil feed tube has to be replaced as a unit.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picked up the Jeep this afternoon. The actual parts listed as replaced are the o-rings and gaskets for both the turbo inlet and the oil feed tube. They also discovered some seeping from the oil pan gasket, so that was resealed as well.

All in all I think they were pretty thorough, especially considering this is the first turbo Renegade they've had in the shop.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you think about it, it's actually a good thing they caught this issue while you had it in for an oil change. What if you'd had engine failure while out driving around because it wasn't caught earlier? Yikes. It does suck it took 13 days to get the part though. But now you know the issue is fixed and your Renegade is healthy!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agreed, I'm glad the techs at my dealer were thorough and addressed the problems they found as promptly as they could. The leak wasn't bad enough to have made a significant difference in the oil level, it was just slightly below the top mark when I checked it the weekend before I took it in, and it never left any oil spots on my driveway, so it was obviously a situation where it only seeped under pressure. But it's possible that the o-rings would have eventually failed completely while driving, resulting in major oil loss before I knew anything was wrong.

Despite the issues with the parts supply chain, I have to give the service department at my dealer high marks for their thoroughness and the overall level of customer service and communication.

This was at Sport Durst Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram in Durham, North Carolina. They also have Mazda and Hyundai dealerships. I actually went over to the business office at the Mazda showroom to finalize the deal on my Jeep, and while there caught my first view of a 2016 Miata, which will soon be showing up at Chrysler/Fiat dealerships as the Fiat 124 Spyder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.