Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are at least three threads on here about adding OEM fogs with the OEM dash switch to a Sport model that didn't come with factory fogs, but none of them end with the OP reporting back that they got it working.

Has anyone successfully done this upgrade, and if so, what did you do to get it working?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Okto we really enjoy LINKS!! within this forum.

Can you direct us to the posts that have just read? It really will assist us all in helping you ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that's one of the several threads about it. If you read to the end, OP never confirms they actually got the fogs working, just physically installed. :/

·
Registered
996 Posts
Ok, I did try to help but hey ho! :whistle:

Perhaps if you read all the posts you will find the solution. I re-read them all over again. Now go find the solution as I have shown you where it's located.

On this occasion I recall that old mantra of "Search is your friend" ;)

ps folks I am not being offensive but having spent a lot of time trying to assist someone by doing their research for them I certainly did not expect such a response. :oops:😭

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate your effort, but the information I’m looking for is not in that thread or any of the others I referenced in my first post. That thread at no point has OP report back “yes, my fog lights now work, and here’s how I did it.” They get as far as relating that there is a relay that needs to be connected and a proxy alignment needs to be done, but then they vanish.

I’ve read it through the whole thread twice and while the information is alluded to—what relay to hook the fog wires to and whether that in fact makes them work—it is never communicated.

This is a very strange hill to die on. :p

·
Registered
996 Posts
Post #17, #34, #35 suggests that they have a working model within the topic I linked you to.

Perhaps I am reading it all wrong. :cry::cry::cry:

Sadly the written word is the worst form of communication as it can literally be misinterpreted in so many ways uninentionally.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
115 Posts
From the link puddleplasher threw out there, all I could conclude was that it just needed to be wired correctly, which didn’t seem to be that difficult in their words. The dealer also gave an option of $150 for them to wire it up. At least that way you’ll know it’ll work!

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Anytime an OEM modification is performed, it must be taken to the dealer for the BCM to be reprogrammed. All of the best OEM add-on work in the world won't be successful if the "Computer Controlled Vehicle" isn't told to turn it on through programming.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right. The BCM needs to be commanded to do a proxy align when new hardware is installed. At least a couple forum members have done a proxy align (or had it done at the dealership) after installing the OEM fogs and gotten the BCM happy, but the fogs also require a relay to be hooked up, and no one has yet shared the info about which relay, how to connect it, or whether connecting the relay makes the fogs work.

·
Registered
996 Posts
but the fogs also require a relay to be hooked up, and no one has yet shared the info about which relay, how to connect it, or whether connecting the relay makes the fogs work.
Okto a definition of madness is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

You created 2 topics on how to get your fog lights working and you were offered much advice by everyone but still failed to connect them. Now you are attempting to try and obtain the same info for a 3rd time. Just come out with it again and say, "Can you fix my foglights" :p:p:p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you show me any post where someone says which relay needs to be hooked up to what, I’ll eat so much crow I’ll have feathers coming out of my ears. I will be happy to admit to being a colossal fool and apologize profusely if you can get me that data.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I am not the one seeking that information nor being abusive about it. You seek that information but here you are abusing me on an open forum for previously assisting you.

Use your power of memory recall when just a few days ago you passed comment to the effect, "I didn't ask you to research anything on my behalf". After I spent a considerable time making an attempt to find your answer but to no avail.

Yet here you are, once again, seeking that same information, that of which you, personally, cannot find yet I am to blame for merely informing the members that you have now tried 3 times in a variety of guises and questioning, to obtain an answer.

If I show you a post that generates a working solution then you did not seek and find your own answer and that therefore negates your reasoning that you didn't ask for anyones help. I am wasting time even chatting with you and will suffer no more abuse seeing as you have failed to find a working solution by posting repeated requests for the same solution.

Sheer mental inaptitude.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.