Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm purchasing a Cherokee this weekend. I will let my wife wait and get a Renegade. I'm not sold on the trim levels vs pricing. I'm getting a Cherokee latitude 4X4 for 22K out the door. Haven't figured out financing terms but agreed on a price and after driving It I'm happy.

· Registered
81 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase!

That's exactly what I'm talking about....that's such a great price for the Cherokee, it's going to be tough for me to get the Renegade with Cherokee pricing like that.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations on your purchase!

That's exactly what I'm talking about....that's such a great price for the Cherokee, it's going to be tough for me to get the Renegade with Cherokee pricing like that.
So it's official. I have purchased my car. I got it in Red. I did put my name on the list for a renegade sport and was informed there were 25 people ahead of me all who wanted TH editions. So im pretty happy my lady will land one sooner than later.

· Registered
14 Posts
I'm purchasing a Cherokee this weekend. I will let my wife wait and get a Renegade. I'm not sold on the trim levels vs pricing. I'm getting a Cherokee latitude 4X4 for 22K out the door. Haven't figured out financing terms but agreed on a price and after driving It I'm happy.
I had the same thought as several of you originally. And you bring up a good point on Cherokee. My personal needs may be different than yours though. I have a couple middle school age kids to constantly haul around and a mix of city and highway daily driving with work in Chicago suburbs. A serene and capable power-train with good fuel economy is key for me.

While I loved the Cherokee, the deal killer for me was that at or near that price you are getting the 2.4, and when I recently test drove a 2.4 4x4 Cherokee it was miserable. The engine was always sluggish and droning and the trans always hunting, and forget highway passing without a whole lot of planning and noise. The 3.2 was great (But much more expensive with the options I wanted), but the 2.4 was overwhelmed.

When I drove a Chrylser 200 back to back with it, also with the 2.4, the 200 was much more responsive. I actually enjoyed the power-train. Primary difference was obviously weight. And seeing as the Renegade Latitude 4x4 base weight is a good 125 lbs less than a 2.4 200 base weight, and 600 lbs less than a Cherokee, I anticipate the power-train will be even better, with higher gas mileage than Cherokee. Cannot wait to get in it in Chicago at Auto Show soon.

· Registered
4 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. If you dont mind me asking i would like more details like what was the list price on the Cherokee and if you traded in a car and is it loaded up or base lattitude. Cherokee had a good review on the TH model with the v6

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Congrats on your purchase. If you dont mind me asking i would like more details like what was the list price on the Cherokee and if you traded in a car and is it loaded up or base lattitude. Cherokee had a good review on the TH model with the v6
I took a Cherokee 4X4 Latitude Red
Added 8.4 uConnect
Sunroof
Cold weather group

Also I didn't go any higher in specs as I don't need all the extra bells and whistles. I would have been happy with a sport 4X4 but for the prices and the deals I was able to land I took the latitude.

No trade in
Used true car and had a few dealers compete for my business. Manhattan Jeep is good on working with the buyer

· Registered
1,207 Posts
I did put my name on the list for a renegade sport and was informed there were 25 people ahead of me all who wanted TH editions.
Don't forget rule #1 , 90% plus of cars sales people lie!!!

I've contacted about eight Jeep dealers, some local, some in other places across the country. Not one of them asked me if I wanted to be put on their "list". Most were clueless what a Renegade was.

You will be hard pressed to find 25 people on this forum who "have to have a Trailhawk"

Somehow your dealer found "25" people on the list "ahead of me all who wanted TH editions...

But look at this "Nice" model I do have in stock and you can drive away with it today. (The salesperson smiles with their commission check as another fish took the bait.)

If you still have any cash left please visit beachfrontarizona.com

· Registered
4 Posts
I hate car sales people cause they really do try to push ya too make higher commissions lucky i get green sheet pricing so i get it usually cheaper then what the dealer pays for it. I wouldnt mind a TH but I dont have to have it.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't forget rule #1 , 90% plus of cars sales people lie!!!

I've contacted about eight Jeep dealers, some local, some in other places across the country. Not one of them asked me if I wanted to be put on their "list". Most were clueless what a Renegade was.

You will be hard pressed to find 25 people on this forum who "have to have a Trailhawk"

Somehow your dealer found "25" people on the list "ahead of me all who wanted TH editions...

But look at this "Nice" model I do have in stock and you can drive away with it today. (The salesperson smiles with their commission check as another fish took the bait.)

If you still have any cash left please visit beachfrontarizona.com
I decided last week to purchase a Cherokee. I do want a sport renegade for the wife and I'll see how it rides. Either way I left happy with my current purchase.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hate car sales people cause they really do try to push ya too make higher commissions lucky i get green sheet pricing so i get it usually cheaper then what the dealer pays for it. I wouldnt mind a TH but I dont have to have it.
I don't have those connections I wished but I used true car and found what I believe was a solid deal on my cherokee

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think you got a great price man. Best I can seem to find online is $25K for a 4WD Latitude with the panoramic roof.
I thought so too that's why I couldn't say no. I went in with all intentions of just test driving but after my true car quote and some nifty negotiations I felt like I won.

· Registered
134 Posts
The Renegade Latitude 4x4 with an option or two ends up at $25K. The Limited at $28K. This is with only one or two options, not a loaded model. You have discovered what I've been saying all along...the Cherokee is more vehicle for the SAME money. Especially considering the $3,250 in rebates they are offering in some regions of the U.S. right now. I'm not sure how Jeep expects to sell a lot of Renegades at these prices. Maybe they don't! Maybe they are only planning on moving a few of them here and focusing on them more globally.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.