Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get any information without being bounced from website to website is painful...so:

Does anyone know if the following is compatible with a European Renegade:

UCONNECT®6.5 ECE RG4 16.05.32 MY15~16 BU(520)

If I input my VIN into the US UConnect website it says I have the above upgrade available - anyone tried it?

Additionally I have noticed there is a 2016 US map upgrade available for a 2015 6.5" Renegade from the US store retailing at $150. Is there a corresponding European store that anyone knows of?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yes it is compatible with a euro renegade and is a worthwhile upgrade.
As well as bug fixes and some UI improvements it adds Siri functionality.
Make sure that the usb stick you use is a good quality one to prevent the upgrade from failing.

Cant help with the maps I'm afraid.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ted, Thanks for that. Have you applied the upgrade?

My concern is that my U-Connect - despite the vehicle being a 65 plate - is a non live version....so not sure whether that would make any difference...?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mine is also a 65 plate and mine was updated by the dealer. I also dont have the APPS button on uconnect as mine is the MORE button so I have no live compatibility. However I don't think we are missing much. The SIRI eyes is quite useful though.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've applied the update - it's a simple enough job.
Mine has the live apps but 99% sure this is good for the non 'live' versions.
Full instructions are on the uconnect website.

No idea how to update the map. It isn't like it says in the manual (unless I'm missing something).
My guess is that ince a new map is available, you get notified via tomtom live and you then get the ability to prepare the usb stick and upgrade - but that is just a guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Think euro models use TomTom navigation so you have to update by preparing a usb stick and then downloading the latest map from the TomTom website. About to try it myself! :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing how you get on - I've been toying with the maps updates - but it seems a long process!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing how you get on - I've been toying with the maps updates - but it seems a long process!

It is time consuming and you have to leave the ignition on while it updates but its easy to-do.
down load and install tomtom home and follow the instructions here..

As its my first post it will not let me post a link to the website but if you google "updating maps jeep renegade" and look for uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18867/~/installing-a-map-on-uconnect-radio

·
Registered
105 Posts
It is time consuming and you have to leave the ignition on while it updates but its easy to-do.
down load and install tomtom home and follow the instructions here..

As its my first post it will not let me post a link to the website but if you google "updating maps jeep renegade" and look for uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18867/~/installing-a-map-on-uconnect-radio
Correct me if I am wrong but this for the 5" not the 6.5". My understanding is the 6.5 can only be updated by your dealer.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but this for the 5" not the 6.5". My understanding is the 6.5 can only be updated by your dealer.
That's what I thought - although the Leicester Jeep dealer hasn't got a clue!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts