Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The update fixed the backup camera guides from disappearing, fixed the 911 and Assist lights in the upper console (they haven't lit up since the last update), and I've noticed that the voice has changed a bit when I received a text message. This is all I've noticed so far.

· Registered
56 Posts
Funny you say that, after I applied the update I noticed that my backup camera guides disappeared the first time I used it. Have set it back and we'll see if it sticks... Did notice the updated voice as well. Would love it if there was a release log of some sort for the update.

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny you say that, after I applied the update I noticed that my backup camera guides disappeared the first time I used it. Have set it back and we'll see if it sticks... Did notice the updated voice as well. Would love it if there was a release log of some sort for the update.
Mine guides were off after the update as well. I turned them on and it's been functional all day. Hopefully it'll stick.
The weather map now works normally. Before the update I got this weird overlay of green that couldn't be removed. Seems to have fixed it.

· Registered
10 Posts
How can it update itself if its not connected to wofi or anything? I dont have the live features either. Speed cameras are not installed.

I tried the uconnect update and just as you mentioned it is still not there.

· Registered
56 Posts
Ran my update today, not sure but may have improved base in beats audio? Ill see what i feel after more than a couple minutes of listening
This is my first time running an update on the radio, but I did see that one component of the update was for the equalizer. I just recently swapped the dash speakers, so I'm not going to be able to give much input on the improvement, since I fiddled with two things at the same time...

· Registered
140 Posts
yeah after driving around a bit, wife agrees also, the sound seems to be better. think something was adjusted with audio.
voice is different for speed limit warnings (assume text reading also) and it doesn't seem to be messing up and giving me speed warnings before set limit anymore.

· Registered
162 Posts
Got this a day after my update. It has happened several times now. Guess they haven't fixed the problem with the overhead lights yet. Wish I could check to see if they have fixed the problem with the seat heater and steering wheel heater that won't turn off if you use remote start. The problem is, it's not cold enough for the seat heater and steering wheel heater to turn on automatically.

Attachments

· Registered
162 Posts
Well, I tried editing my post to add this info:

I discovered it was 33 degrees outside so I remote started my vehicle, I turned down/off the seat heater. That has been fixed. I tried turning off the steering wheel heater. It still does not respond when I use remote start. I know the button is functional because I can use it to turn on/off the steering wheel heater if I don't use remote start.

So I'm still hoping for more fixes for two reasons at lest. Over head lights (pic provided in previous post) and steering wheel heater control.

· Registered
1,266 Posts
Installed on my Trailhawk last night.
Wonder where I can find the service bulletin details?
TSB details are below.

TSB 08-033-16

SUBJECT:
RA4 RG4 Radio Enhancements

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves updating the radios software.

MODELS:
2015 - 2016 (BU) Jeep Renegade
2016 (FB) Fiat 500X

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA and EMEA.

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before February 22, 2016 (MDH 0222XX) equipped with one of the following radios:
• Uconnect 6.5NAV Radio (Sales Code RA4).
• Uconnect 6.5NAV Radio (Sales Code RG4).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customers may experience one or more of the following:
• Poor quality of German translations.
• Acoustic warning missing when approaching a speed camera. (EMEA market only)
• 3D view malfunctions.
• Road signs not correctly viewed during navigation.
• After ignition has been turned on the language switches automatically to Italian from previously selected language.
• Forward Collision Warning with mitigation (FCW+) turns off spontaneously after the ignition has been turned on and FCW+ warning light is on.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.