Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No spacers...no lift...no rubbing anywhere. 1/4" clearance from strut and a little more than a 1/4" clearance from caliper on a 4x4 Lattitude.

With savings and rebates very inexpensive set-up. Discounttiredirect's biggest sale is this weekend FYI.

Reactions: greyrenegade

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
how much clearance at lock? I've been asking if anyone tried this for a while. I was going to try them on oe perfomance 159 aka cherokee trailhawk knockoffs.

Pics of the front wheel clearance to the fender liner on drivers side at full left and right lock would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
607 Posts
No spacers...no lift...no rubbing anywhere. 1/4" clearance from strut and a little more than a 1/4" clearance from caliper on a 4x4 Lattitude.

With savings and rebates very inexpensive set-up. Discounttiredirect's biggest sale is this weekend FYI.

Do you remember how much money you got off of these tires? Right now I can get $170 off a set of 4 of these through discounttiredirect, was trying to see if I should wait till August or just get them now, LOL

·
Registered
607 Posts

I'm doing a similar setup, going with the same 235/60/17 cooper AT3's but on a 17x8 inch rim, +29. I will post up a new thread once I have it all mounted up.

·
Registered
715 Posts
how much clearance at lock? I've been asking if anyone tried this for a while. I was going to try them on oe perfomance 159 aka cherokee trailhawk knockoffs.

Pics of the front wheel clearance to the fender liner on drivers side at full left and right lock would be very much appreciated.
So timing finally worked out, a Mango Tango Cherokee TH came into work, and I had just got back from lunch. I pulled in next to him and pulled my LF off. I've got no lift, and already run the KO2s as most (may) know.

Obv I used the factory tire 245/65/17. I had already ordered my KO2s in that size so I'd be ready once I lifted/bought the wheels. I am doing the pinch weld treatment. I believe it would still rub with THAT size. I don't want spacers..I may play with a 235/65/17 Yokohama. That day will come, later this year I believe.

The strut clearance was super minimal, but it cleared. I noticed my mount is really scratched up from **** hitting it. With the KO2 I'm fairly certain it's rub. The tire was touching the fender liner at the pinch weld spots. I have a crude cut ATM on them so they still stick out. Under compression off-road, it would rub. Not sure how much, but being at stock height, I'll finish the cuts and then maybe buy wheels and put on my current KO2s. Check at that point.. Then....

Next time I try I'll be lifted. Probly 1" maaybe 1.5"

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.