Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome aboard! I too have supplanted my auto-itch with a motorcycle one. After my '08 Sky Redline, I bought a ho-hum HHR but my first motorcycle, a Kawasaki ER-6n. That was six years ago now and I'm on my third bike, a V Star 950 Tourer.

Also, I recently spent the holidays with the in-laws in the outskirts of Austin near Bee Cave. While there, I had rented an R 1200 RT, and got to explore some amazing Hill Country roads. Day 1 was somewhat close; Spicewood, Oatmeal, and a wildlife preserve in between in the morning. Around Round Mountain, I broke off from the group and took a gaggle of farm and ranch roads to Fredericksburg.

Day 2 I took a series of mostly back roads to get to Medina. From there, I rode the first leg of the Twisted (or Three) Sisters which, I must say, was some of the best motorcycling I've ever done so far in my life. Decided to head back and cut through some very, very tiny towns, Vanderpool, Utopia, and Hondo en route to San Antonio as I've never been there.

Anywho, welcome to the forum! Sorry for blabbering there. I was so excited to ride the motorbike in and around Austin and as you're from there, I thought you might relate.

So may I ask, what do you ride?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! And good news! I got a great deal last night! Apparently the sales guys just use the website to check inventory, well mine wasn't on the website. I think it was sitting for quite a while and was forgotten about. Me and my sales guy were in the storage lot moving Jeeps around to get mine out, it was a lot of fun. I got about $5k off sticker.

Rick, yeah we are blessed to have fantastic riding around here. The sisters are FUN! The first time I did the sisters (giggity) was a few of us on Vespas. We rode from Austin to Leaky and rode the sisters and rode back. It was 550 miles and 11 hours, on scooters, great fun! I've done it a few times on my Moto Guzzi as well.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Welcome!! From a lifetime Austinite and Jeeper it's nice to see some new additions to the area, and forum ??

P.S. Gingerman is still my fav bar in the sea of new stuff out there

·
Registered
31 Posts
Howdy,

I'm buying a Renegade tonight and wanted to forum up! This is my 3rd Jeep I've owned. Had a '80CJ7 and an '87 Grand Wagoneer. I won't be building this Jeep up at all but it feels good to be back in one. Motorcycles now quench my thirst for adventure.

Congrats on the new Renegade! Have fun with it!

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.