Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my signature goes, soon be December then I can order my Renegade. I visited the Lookers Jeep in Cardiff and the sales executive, Tony Grimas, is a good chap, very helpful.

There may be a way that I can get a Renegade earlier than March 2016. My current motability lease expires then, so I would place my order in December 2015. So it is a possibility that I could be in a Jeep Renegade Longitude 1.6 TD before March 2016.

The three colours in the running are yellow, blue and orange. Me other half is more for the orange, but we shall wait and see. I can have any colour for free! Result! I expected to pay a contribution towards the pastel or special pastel colours, but I found out that they are free to motability customers. When I got my Scenic, the sales exec at Renault threw a set of front and rear floor mats in for me. I will see if I can have the same from Tony at Jeep. Come on, I'm from Yorkshire, so I want summat f'r nowt:D:D

Watch this space!

· Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
'Er indoors prefers the orange. I prefer the yellow. Both like the blue. Looks like there could be a flip of the coin ......

· Registered
125 Posts
Sorry guys, with this colour molarky you've got it all wrong the white ones are the fastest, apparently it's something to do with the polymers in the paint, and how it affects the drag efficiencies , even the 1.4lt is quicker than the1.4lt in any other coloujust saying......but really good news 4legs I know you've been waiting forever ad a day

· Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Out of those 3 I would have the yellow with the black roof.
That is what I was thinking! Schwarz und gelbe. Football related. As well as being from Yorkshire and supporting Leeds United, I am an avid supporter of Borussia Dortmund. Their colours are black and yellow, or their nickname in German is Die schwarz-gelben, which means the black and yellows.

· Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have spoken to the motability people and I can change vehicles sooner than expected. I have had the go ahead to start looking at other suitable vehicles. Already know what I want. That is why I am on here!!

· Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got sore fingers with all this hanging on.

Unfortunately I am registered as disabled and nobody wants to employ me. So we claim from the DWP. Never got paid yesterday. I was declared fit for work back in March. I appealed and won. Since March we have been struggling on £229 every two weeks. Supposed to get a smidge ower £347. Yesterday there was zilch in either of our accounts. Frantic calling the ESA to see what happened. Since March Paula has had to claim. Nobody told us that Paula's claim had been stopped. Mine has been re-opened. No letter, no phone call, nothing. Anyway we did receive a payment late on yesterday afternoon. When I phoned them I was told that the arrears will be in my account tomorrow, Friday 18th. I'm 99% comfident that the funds will be there. Spoken to Tony at Jeep and I will call him tomorrow, either way and keep him in the loop.

When I had the first appeal, which was postponed, the independent adjudicator said that I should be on a higher rate for the carr component. Currently I am on low care, which is about £90 a month. Once my DLA changes ower to PIP, I should be eligible for higher rate care component.

Now you know the problem.

· Registered
114 Posts
I've just had confirmation that mine is now built and awaiting next stage of shipment from dock. Yippee!!!! I'm sure it'll still be weeks more waiting but at least I've got a holiday in between to aid as a distraction.

You'll no doubt have put 1000's of miles on yours Kevin before I even drive mine away from the dealer.

· Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I liked this I didn't mean I liked what had happened.
Good luck with everything.
I guessed that.

Was expecting it today as I had been told on Wednesday that today was the day. Nope. Phoned ESA again and I was told that I shouldn't have been told on Wednesday that it would be in my account today. So it is a case of checking my bank every day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.