Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 special Edition with 19 inch wheels. The spare tire kit was on back order when I purchased the car, but it never came in. I would still like to have a spare tire. I'm not sure how to go about finding one that will fit properly in the hole under the cargo space that is designed for it? I don't know a lot about tire sizes and spares.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about you jack the car up. Take one of the tires off then see if it fits then you'll know to get one just like you have
Good idea, should have done that today when I had my tires rotated. Would have been nice if the dealer could have thought of that while we were discussing the issue and the car was right there with it's tires off!

· Registered
2,202 Posts
I'm not sure how to go about finding one that will fit properly in the hole under the cargo space that is designed for it?
I'm not at all sure your 2021 Limited Special Edition was supposed to come with a full-size spare tire at all. The brochure doesn't mention one (it does for the Trailhawk).

Did you order a spare tire separately?

Easiest thing to do would be to just take a look at one of your existing tires, to see what the size is. You're looking for this number -- note that this is on my 2021 Trailhawk, which will be different on your Special Edition:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Just so you know, the 225 means the tire has a nominal width of 225mm. The 65 is the aspect ratio -- here the height of the cross-section from rim to tread is 65% of the width. The 17 is the diameter of the alloy wheel in inches. The other information doesn't have anything to do with size, just the load and speed rating.

From what I can see, the 2021 Limited had 19-inch wheels, as opposed to my Trailhawk's 17-inch. So your aspect ratio is going to be a lower number than my 65. That means while my all-terrain tires will have a cross section something like this...
Eyebrow Automotive lighting Body jewelry Audio equipment Font

...your highway tires should look something like this:
Body jewelry Font Jewellery Rectangle Circle

But the outside diameter of your tires would be about the same. Has to be, for the speedometer to work. And to fit into the spare tire area.

So any tire that's the same size as what your Limited has now, would fit into the spare-tire area under the cargo compartment.

You'd have to get the correct-size metal wheel, too. The wheel size should be listed on your window sticker. Steel would be cheapest; it's what they're putting on the Renegade spare tires these days.

But steel would be for temporary use, since it would be much heavier than your other alloy wheels.

You'll also need a hold-down bolt and appropriate flange to hold the spare tire down.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank-you, that's very helpful info. It didn't come with a spare, I have just always wanted one and the dealer was going to get me one from mopar but then the kit became unavailable.

· Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
I was able to get the full size tire Kumo ATs 235 65 17 to fit in the tub. That is 2 sizes bigger than stock.

Plus gear.

All out of the way.

· Registered
2,202 Posts
I was able to get the full size tire Kumo ATs 235 65 17 to fit in the tub. That is 2 sizes bigger than stock.
Two sizes larger, as in width (235 vs. 215)?

Yeah, I'd assume it would be a bit tight though.

Here's my stock-size Trailhawk spare tire, flipped upside-down to give some extra stowage space inside the offset (I needed shorter mounting bolt):
Tire Automotive tire Black Tread Camera lens

· Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2021 special Edition with 19 inch wheels. The spare tire kit was on back order when I purchased the car, but it never came in. I would still like to have a spare tire. I'm not sure how to go about finding one that will fit properly in the hole under the cargo space that is designed for it? I don't know a lot about tire sizes and spares.
I have a 2021 JEEP RENEGADE 80TH ANNIVERSARY and I got one on EBAY plus I got a jack and socket and breaker bar from Lowes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts