Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phoned my dealer today for the cost of a spare wheel and tyre for my Rene ..

About £250+ ... bloody **** it's only a steel one ... not GOLD .. :(

Can't find any info so far about something more reasonable ... ANYONE ??

Not bothered about a Tyre just a steel rim would do ... Tyres are easy ..

·
Registered
261 Posts
my full sized steel spare cost me £150 when I ordered my Trailhawk in January (picking it up next week). £250 seems a bit steep unless it was a matching alloy. On the Jeep website when configuring the vehicle the quoted cost of a full sized spare is £150.

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mytyres are selling single and sets of steel rims with winter tyres for approx £130-160 on e-bay (depending on tyre quality). This is the trailhawk size not sure what you have got on your longitude. They might be willing to sell a rim with the tyre you want.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/steel-whe...845042?hash=item1ea87df1b2:g:GHEAAOSw2s1UrSOV
Thanks RedX..

Wont use ebay so went to the MyTyres website ... and a good result ..

Steel rim and tyre...

Steel wheels with All-season tyres (LK 5 x 110.00 x 65.00)
Dunlop Grandtrek ST 20 215/65 R16 98H
Jeep RENEGADE 2X4 1.6 MULTIJET 120 BU 1598ccm 88 kW 10.2014-
Please note: Delivery without Tyre Pressure Monitoring System £ 107.20
Plus 9.90 £ delivery cost per complete wheel £ 9.90
Delivery £ 5.00
Total Amount £ 122.10

Only going in the boot and hopefully never use it..

My wheels are 17" but will get me home if drive slowly .. :ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Tyres also list a...

Alloy complete wheel:
DEZENT TD silber lackiert / Continental ContiCrossContact-LX-2 215/60 R17 96 H at £180 delivered ..

·
Registered
261 Posts
Will have to remember MyTyres....if we have a really bad winter it might be worth buying a set of 4 with winter tyres for extra grip and save the original alloys from the salt.

·
Registered
60 Posts
my full sized steel spare cost me £150 when I ordered my Trailhawk in January (picking it up next week).
Plus you get the toolkit and correct foam moulding and a different boot floor with your £150 spend at point of order.

I likewise ordered by Rene with the full sized spare. As there wasn't one in Stock my car was delivered initially with an inflator which my dealer swapped out to the above kit when the wheel/tyre arrived.

Peter.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.