Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

tl;dr: What EXACT speakers should I buy? I'll get carried away if I do anything other than just replace them, lol.

The front driver-side speaker is shot so I figured I'd go ahead and just replace all 6 speakers for shits and giggles. Here's the thing I'm pretty much asking y'all for EXACT speakers:
1. That are mid priced
2. Fit straight in w/out any work on part to get them to fit
3. Don't require an additional amp, subwoofer, etc

Someday I'll get into the fun stuff of car audio, but I have enough hobbies now so I don't want to go down that rabbit hole just yet, lol. I just want to be told exactly what to buy that will give me a good enough performance.

I figure anything in the mid-priced range (<$300 for everything) will be a significant improvement so I'm being lazy and just asking that y'all tell me what to get.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi dap9

I changed all 6 of mine, these are the ones I went with, I am by no means an audiophile but I got these from Crutchfield, I went with Kicker 47KSC6904 in the front, Kicker 46CST204 tweeters and Kicker 47SC504 in the rear and I gotta say what a huge improvement, if you buy from Crutchfield they will also include the mounting brackets you will also need the Metra 72-6515 Speaker adapters for no cutting or splicing.

They will also supply a master sheet for how to remove the door panels, there are also plenty of videos on YT for door panel removal too.

I also did break a few of the door clips so I got these from Amazon.

Rexka 20pcs Door Panel Attaching Pin Clip Rivet 6511618AA for Jeep Renegade 2015-2018 Jeep Compass 2017-2019 6511618-AA 06511618AA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man! Especially for the link to the clips. On the dash speakers, the Crutchfield site says they need to be mounted to an included bracket. Was that a simple thing to do?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts