Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have trolling thru the forum put can't find a ansver.
I have the 6 speakers system, the front door speakers are they 2 or 4 ohm
And the dash speakers are they 2 or 4 ohm. The rear door speakers are they 2 or 4 ohm and what kind of speakers are they.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have trolling thru the forum put can't find a ansver.
I have the 6 speakers system, the front door speakers are they 2 or 4 ohm
And the dash speakers are they 2 or 4 ohm. The rear door speakers are they 2 or 4 ohm and what kind of speakers are they.
Good questions. Over on this thread -- -- Gatorade has created a wonderful how-to regarding the front door teardown and installation of new speakers.
http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...-door-panel-removal-speaker-installation.html

The types of speakers in the 6-speaker system are as follows -- I replaced my 9 speaker system with the speakers referenced in ():
Dash = 3.5" 4ohm (Polk db351)
Front and Rear Doors = 6x9 2ohms (Infinity Reference 2-way (in front)/3-way (in back) -- from Amazon Warehouse Deals saved me a ton of money).

Here is a wiring diagram that may help you as well:
http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...ts/28609-wiring-diagram-6-speaker-system.html

If I were you, I would start with replacing just the dash speakers -- I did this and then continued all the way throughout my vehicle:
http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...oor-panel-removal-speaker-installation-3.html

·
Registered
155 Posts
I replaced the speakers this morning...the door speakers are alittle tricky, but I followed Gatorade's instructions and it went well. He was right, about 20-30 min per door. I managed to do the job, without vehicular damage, only swore a couple times...I did break one of the 6 door clips on the drivers side door, but it is plenty secure and now bolted back on.
The speakers in the dash are a 5 min job, just getting the anterior most screw undone is hard, I found a small alan wrench that did the trick. I did not replace the rear door speakers, that will be another day's project.

I installed Kicker brand 3.5 inch in the dash and 6x9 inch in the front door

Sound quality difference is impressive- much better bass, almost absent from the stock speakers and the highs are less harsh and more clear. Also, these speakers are more sensitive, so you get a few more Dbs sound at the same volume as the stock speakers! Anyway, an hour well spent.

Late morning, put Rhinorack sports bars on...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am into home audio and those diagrams make no sense! If the Renegade has 6 speakers, that means the amp should have 6 channels...and I cannot see 6 discrete channels. The wiring diagram doesn't even have the rear door speakers and where are the front dash speakers?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am into home audio and those diagrams make no sense! If the Renegade has 6 speakers, that means the amp should have 6 channels...and I cannot see 6 discrete channels. The wiring diagram doesn't even have the rear door speakers and where are the front dash speakers?
I’ve built a few speaker cabinets for guitar amplifiers and when an amp only has 2 outputs, the L and R speakers can either be chained in series or parallel. Doing this will affect the impedance of the speaker chain though for example, if you’ve got (2) 8ohm speakers in series, they present a 16ohm load to the amp. In parallel, it presents a 4ohm load to the amp. It’s not necessary that you have the same impedance for all your speakers but it is far easier and you don’t have to worry about imbalanced levels

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’ve built a few speaker cabinets for guitar amplifiers and when an amp only has 2 outputs, the L and R speakers can either be chained in series or parallel. Doing this will affect the impedance of the speaker chain though for example, if you’ve got (2) 8ohm speakers in series, they present a 16ohm load to the amp. In parallel, it presents a 4ohm load to the amp. It’s not necessary that you have the same impedance for all your speakers but it is far easier and you don’t have to worry about imbalanced levels
This is where so many go wrong when just blindly swapping a speaker in the system. The front dash and doors are on the same channel. If you swap a 4 ohm dash speaker for a 3.5 ohm dash speaker, it messes with your door speaker and vice versa. They have the same wire color on them for a reason. In the 9-speaker system, the rear door tweeter and woofer are wired together with a capacitor on the tweeter to protect it from lows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts