Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you want more responsiveness from your motor?
It's very easy. Go to Fiat 500 Madness (website)
and check out their performance products for the Fiat and Renegade.

I bought the GoPedal . The performance upgrade is simply astounding!

Quicker response. Faster performance. I am very happy with it.

It has several settings to suit your driving style.
AS usual please drive with care. These things make speeding so tempting. Your car might feel like a little Ferrari.

I LOOOOOOVE IT !!

·
Registered
28 Posts
No GoPedal here, but I get sharper throttle response from switching to MUD mode, might not be as much as GoPedal. My new lables for the SelecTerrain:
Snow = Eco (dull response and flat acceleration) Stop n go traffic.
Sand = Sport (good response and good acceleration) Daily driving.
Mud = Drift (sharp response and fast acceleration + no traction control interference) Fun driving.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No GoPedal here, but I get sharper throttle response from switching to MUD mode, might not be as much as GoPedal. My new lables for the SelecTerrain:
Mud = Drift (sharp response and fast acceleration + no traction control interference) Fun driving.
You should charge 300$ for this write up lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
can we do that on asphalt too....

·
Registered
28 Posts
can we do that on asphalt too....
Yeah why not? All the mode does is changing the throttle response, traction control, and power steering assist. And I read somewhere the F/R power ratio too, but not verified. I haven't found any official document from Jeep that posts the exact details of each mode.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah why not? All the mode does is changing the throttle response, traction control, and power steering assist. And I read somewhere the F/R power ratio too, but not verified. I haven't found any official document from Jeep that posts the exact details of each mode.
Doesn't it go into 4wd when you switch to one of the modes...my 91 ford said not to engage 4wd until on dirt...has something changed about 4wd I don't know about...thanks for info

·
Registered
58 Posts
Doesn't it go into 4wd when you switch to one of the modes...my 91 ford said not to engage 4wd until on dirt...has something changed about 4wd I don't know about...thanks for info
It's still not a good idea. Those are "off-road" modes for a reason. They change the throttle mapping so you don't get stuck in the snow by spinning your tires or bog down in mud or sand. It also changes ABS, traction/stability control, and the transmission programming between the modes. Auto is the only one where it isn't in 4WD all the time, only if the front wheels slip will it send power to the rear axle.

·
Super Moderator
3,367 Posts
Yeah, it's an AWD system pretending to be a 4wd system. Your truck with 4wd with a gear reducintg transfer case also effectively had no center diff. Things spinning at different speeds left and right, front and back caused stresses that could damage things.

The system in the rengade is litterally a cheaper version of what is in the ford focus RS. It's cheaper because it doesn't have torque vectoring. Jeep gave it multiple modes via software.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, it's an AWD system pretending to be a 4wd system. Your truck with 4wd with a gear reducintg transfer case also effectively had no center diff. Things spinning at different speeds left and right, front and back caused stresses that could damage things.

The system in the rengade is litterally a cheaper version of what is in the ford focus RS. It's cheaper because it doesn't have torque vectoring. Jeep gave it multiple modes via software.
Yes I absolutely agree with you. The Renegade is AWD with a dial that optimizes the AWD parameters. It is not 4WD!!!! I have owned and older Wrangler and a Cherokee and those were both real 4WD with solid front axles and a physical connection locking the wheels together. The reason you need to be off road or at least have slip on road is that in true 4WD you will get wheel hop when turning. With both front wheels locked together, in a turn, the outer wheel needs to spin faster then the inner. With the wheels locked together chances are the stress will break something.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Interesting comments as I am far from being a mechanic...
Yet, I have had [Auto Madness] the Go-Pedal, Auto-Flash and full Ragazon dual quad tip exhaust installed and yes, it is now much more responsive [not as much as my 300hp JCW Mini!].
As far the AWD ~ 4x4 aspect, I have had no issues in 2~3 feet of snow uphill on Forest Rds. [Yokohama Geolander tires]. None...
I know that the electronic "system" has been bashed over and over but it truly works fantastic. Personally I really don't care if it is AWD or 4x4, I just like to get there!!!
Jeep Resized.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting comments as I am far from being a mechanic...
Yet, I have had [Auto Madness] the Go-Pedal, Auto-Flash and full Ragazon dual quad tip exhaust installed and yes, it is now much more responsive [not as much as my 300hp JCW Mini!].
As far the AWD ~ 4x4 aspect, I have had no issues in 2~3 feet of snow uphill on Forest Rds. [Yokohama Geolander tires]. None...
I know that the electronic "system" has been bashed over and over but it truly works fantastic. Personally I really don't care if it is AWD or 4x4, I just like to get there!!!
View attachment 2396347550
Love the camping set up!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes I absolutely agree with you. The Renegade is AWD with a dial that optimizes the AWD parameters. It is not 4WD!!!! I have owned and older Wrangler and a Cherokee and those were both real 4WD with solid front axles and a physical connection locking the wheels together. The reason you need to be off road or at least have slip on road is that in true 4WD you will get wheel hop when turning. With both front wheels locked together, in a turn, the outer wheel needs to spin faster then the inner. With the wheels locked together chances are the stress will break something.
Is this similar to a phrase I recall of , "winding up" (no, not the derogatory term) a true 4x4 when it's Dif lock is on and trying to turn when it's meant to be used in a straight line?

So many new terms to learn and understand.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is this similar to a phrase I recall of , "winding up" (no, not the derogatory term) a true 4x4 when it's Dif lock is on and trying to turn when it's meant to be used in a straight line?

So many new terms to learn and understand.
Yes that is correct for the most part. I've never heard the term winding up but on older Jeeps, when you put them in 4wd, a physical connection is created between the axel shafts. Basically, a steel collar slides over both ends of the axels and locks them together. With this type of four-wheel drive you should not try to turn the vehicle I'm a solid surface. You will get whats called wheel hop since the outside wheel needs to turn faster than the inside wheel. If there is slip on the surface such as ice snow or sand that will allow the outside of wheel to slide, you can turn the vehicle. Honestly, I don't know which system is better but I got my Wrangler out of some hairy situations in 4wd low.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts