Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone wants genuine Jeep Renegade Mopar mudflaps, S.G. Petch dealership at York is selling them for £29.99 or best offer , I got both front and rear on a best offer deal, I fitted the rears myself in twenty minutes , piece of cake , they are still advertised on their website this morning 11/11/15:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Made offer

If anyone wants genuine Jeep Renegade Mopar mudflaps, S.G. Petch dealership at York is selling them for £29.99 or best offer , I got both front and rear on a best offer deal, I fitted the rears myself in twenty minutes , piece of cake , they are still advertised on their website this morning 11/11/15:D
Got mine from them also, made what I thought was a daft offer and home they come with postage included..They wouldn't take a silly offer on the sill protectors though, and no way am I willing to pay that price for cheap plastic. Took less then 30min's to fit front and rear, good job I had the right screws and studs home though!:)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Did you have to drill new holes to fit the mud flaps or did they mount to existing screws? I'm concerned about putting any holes in metal in that they use a lot of salt on the roads here in Michigan.

Tim

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, you do not have. to drill any holes for the rear ones, simply unscrew the existing screws holding the plastic wheelarch liner, put the splash guard holes up against the screwholes , and refit the screws through the predrilled holes in the splasguards and tighten them all up, they are a very good fit and really look smart, I have not done the front ones yet, hope this helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Front flaps

Did you have to drill new holes to fit the mud flaps or did they mount to existing screws? I'm concerned about putting any holes in metal in that they use a lot of salt on the roads here in Michigan.

Tim
The front flaps need just on extra hole in the plastic arch cover, simple self tapper screw or a clip does nicely, been through ford in various states of level and not moved at all :laugh:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine came with plastic rivets, are these required?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You have to drill 2 holes to fit the front guards.
I used the pop rivets (luckily had a gun) as the interior part of the hole is hidden so cannot use nut and bolt - would have to be a self tapper instead. So pop rivet much stronger.

My biggest problem was fitting the rear guards.
Fit the underneath outside bolt first before fitting the 2 inside the wheel arch otherwise really hard getting the 2 layers of plastic to align up.

Difficult to explain but when you get started you will hopefully understand.

Its really an easy job as long as you have the tools

Really pleased and keeps the Jeep so much cleaner.

They should all be fitted as standard really.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got the splash guards and find them to be pretty good. The photo shows the front guard (passenger side) after running down an unpaved farm road. It's obvious how the guard has protected the area under the passenfer door from paint chipping and other problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got the splash guards and find them to be pretty good. The photo shows the front guard (passenger side) after running down an unpaved farm road. It's obvious how the guard has protected the area under the passenfer door from paint chipping and other problems.

Need to clarify - these guards came from zl1addons,com.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.