Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's so cold in Europe, no one is willing to go and take look at their driver's side mirror. >:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
If I remember well, mine is split only on the driver's side (left side mirror). I will try to take a pic if you like.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I remember well, mine is split only on the driver's side (left side mirror). I will try to take a pic if you like.
Since the mid-'90's aspherical (split) driver's side mirrors have been common in Europe. The passenger side mirror may be spherical, just like in the US. In the US, there has been an effort to make aspherical (split) driver's side mirrors legal, but so far no joy. Regulations take here years and years too change. See sealed beam fiasco. Regulations didn't keep me from putting such an aspherical mirror on my Audi and drive around with it for 18 years. Strangely enough, it is legal to attach a small aspherical mirror to the flat driver side mirror, which is in my opinion not a good idea.

Anyway, if you could take and post a picture that would be great!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the split drivers side mirror. The difference on each side is quite small though.
After having used a split mirror for the past 18 years, I would not go back to a flat driver's side mirror. Those few extra agrees FOV really help in my opinion. Adding an aspherical driver's side mirror would be my first mod.

·
Registered
260 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Do you know someone who supplies them in the US?
I am not aware of any supplier who carries them in the US. I know that ECS carries things like e-codes (Euro headlights) for VW/Audi in the IS, so some vendor may sell Euro parts for Jeep. I buy that sort of thing during trips when I go visiting family, or I ask a friend to send it. Such parts may also crop up on eBay.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Do any Euro Renagdes come with a split flat/aspherical D/S mirror?

I'm in South Carolina and I'd buy a pair of these mirrors in a heartbeat if they were available in the USA. I had a Fiat 500L that I traded in on my Renegade. My old 500L had these mirrors. It took about one week to get used to them. And after that it was just great help with seeing cars in the blind spots.

I saw these on a Renegade in a video about a year ago. If anyone knows how to order them then I'd love to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
596 Posts
My dad has a Chevy HHR with this feature. It's cool, but I've found that as long as you have decently large mirrors (like the Renegade), proper adjustment can entirely eliminate any blind spot to the side. I've tried for years to convince my dad of this, but he's of the old school, "I should see the side of the car in the mirror." opinion, so I'm glad his car has the split aspherical mirror.

·
Registered
782 Posts
These mirrors are needed in mass quantities in the USA. On a somewhat related note, has anyone noticed the side mirror casing on the driver's side is almost parallel with the body when fully extended and the passenger side mirror casing is angled around 10 degrees inwards towards the body when fully extended? How to find out? Stand in front of your Renegade and focus on the fully extended side mirror once on the driver's side and once on the passenger side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help! how do you replace the Indicator bulb in the nearside door mirror, England, local garage don't know how!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Help! how do you replace the Indicator bulb in the nearside door mirror, England, local garage don't know how!
See pages 438, 439, 440 and 441 of your owner's manual.
It is explained in there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts