Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest what options are required as a minimum of for the Sport model, I need to keep my payments as cheap as possible so need to limit the options but are there any you recommend that I sould get?

· Registered
175 Posts
The Sport model is cheapest but also lacks some basics such as air conditioning. The Latitude model has A/C standard plus tinted windows, satellite radio and other misc upgrades. Probably the best way to get a good feel for it is to go to Jeep Renegade Model Comparison and drill into the various sections to see what's optional vs. standard. For me personally I thought the Latitude was the better choice since I want A/C, Satellite radio and tinted windows.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
The Sport model doesn't have air conditioning, fog lights, roof rails, or the privacy rear glass (dark tint). Adding air conditioning and maybe a couple other items brings the price somewhat close to the Lattitude.

I absolutely would want air conditioning and like some of the other "standard" items the Lattitude has. If it were me, I would save up a little longer and get a base Lattitude. If you don't care for those frills, then a base Sport model is still a nice car.

· Registered
23 Posts
I actually bought a sport 4wd model to try to keep payments low (got a fairly good deal.) Anyways mine does have the air conditioning package and upgraded to auto transmission and 2.4l engine. The sport really doesn't feel "base model" to me, and that says alot coming from a 2014 O.Sport (my wife drives it now) loaded with options, even auto wipers. The sport still has things such as a info screen in the cluster, steering wheel mounted audio controls, etc.

· Registered
454 Posts
I test drove a Sport 2wd with AC, Auto, and Uconnect 5.0 before ordering my TH since that's all the dealer currently had. It didn't feel baseline at all and was pretty nice. I think it's sticker was like 22k

· Registered
5 Posts
I, too needed to keep the price low, so I got a FWD Sport with 2.4, automatic, air, cruise, UConnect 5.0 with Sirius and back up camera. It has power windows and locks. The Sport wheel treatment is pretty cheap looking, but all in all, I've got all I need or want. The removable roof panels are nice but $1000 MORE.

I like what I've got. It's red with the tan/black interior. I hate all black interiors.

drivehappy

· Registered
246 Posts
Can anyone suggest what options are required as a minimum of for the Sport model, I need to keep my payments as cheap as possible so need to limit the options but are there any you recommend that I sould get?
The minimum options are all up to you. Depending on where you live and your preferences, you might be able to get away with no AC, but I would think that is an absolute must for anyone. Play with the "Build & Price" feature on Jeep.com and pick what is necessary for you.

The base Sport is about $18k and AC adds ~$1500, so that would put you just under $20k for the bare bones Sport with manual transmission (can you drive a stick?) and just an AM/FM radio (w/4 speakers).

(If you need an automatic transmission, then that adds another $1200 and then you're at the base Latitude price of just over $21k.)

Latitudes start at $21.3k.

But for about $1800 more, you can get a base model Latitude that has AC, better stereo and 6 speakers, leather-wrapped steering, aluminum wheels instead of steel (so lighter and more fuel efficient), a remote USB charging port (Sport doesn't have this), auto headlights, and fog lights. And if you want to add in upgrades down the road... it will be easier to do with the Latitude instead of the Sport.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.