Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to Forum - own 15 sport since Oct. ride quality on highways has been disappointing - very bouncy and rough - at 10K miles found cupping tire wear on inside tread of back tires - dealer did front and back alignment - ride quality remains bad!! Can anyone else tell me is my Sport supposed to ride as bad as I think it does?
I know all about the small wheel base/tires/roads etc. I've been working with the dealership since delivery to understand if my expectations are out of line or if this Jeep has a ride quality problem. Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Any chance you could try and sit or drive another Sport renegade at the dealers in order to compare?

·
Registered
753 Posts
One of things that attracted me to the Renegade (I own the 2015 Lat 4x4) is the "Jeepness" of the ride, reminds my of my old '98'XJ. It's stiff and sturdy feeling while still being mostly comfortable. I don't think I'd describe my ride experience as "bouncy" though. My Durango used to feel "bouncy and floaty". My wife's Rogue feels a little "bouncy" - maybe a better description would be "more cushiony" than the Jeep. But still sturdy.

"Bouncy" though - that doesn't sound like the Renegades I test drove last year, before finally buying mine last June.

I would recommend you take a couple other Rene's for test drives. Compare the quality. Different models even, just to see what's what.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks much to all that responded - I have a loaner Sport from the dealership set up for Monday to take on my normal highway drive to see if it feels the same... Did get a call from FCA Detroit customer service to discuss as a result of one of their surveys.. I drive the latitude before purchase - as no sports were to be found - was told they ride and are built exactly the same - I disagree the latitude rode smoother than the sport I took home.. Thanks again for the input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.