Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried removing the break calipers and spray painting it? I'm thinking of doing it, but without experience I'd rather not risk of breaking or misplacing parts lol. I'd appreciate if anyone could make a video tutorial!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I painted my calipers on the car with a small utility brush. I didn't bother trying to paint what doesn't show when the wheel is on. Just take the wheel off, clean the caliper with some brake cleaner and a rag. When dry start painting. Don't paint moving parts of the caliper.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Has anyone tried removing the break calipers and spray painting it? I'm thinking of doing it, but without experience I'd rather not risk of breaking or misplacing parts lol. I'd appreciate if anyone could make a video tutorial!
Its a very simple process but time consuming. I painted the calipers and drums on my other car 2 years ago and it took me about 3 hours which included putting the tires back on. I am about to do mine in a couple of months and i will be painting the caliper mounting bracket a different color which looked good on my other car (i put pictures on my thread that i think you commented on). I believe I am going to paint my calipers and rotors hemi orange and the brackets either metallic silver or gloss black. I only had to use a wire brush and some brake cleaner to clean them up and they still look like i painted them yesterday, i didn't disconnect the brake lines on the calipers and only covered the spindle with cardboard and painted them in place. I took the bracket completely off and then painted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.