Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Latitude and am at 36,000 miles. I have a very faint yet still very annoying high-pitched squeaking seeming to come from my passenger seat whenever the car goes over little bumps. I thought it was the chair and first and tried adjusting and moving and jiggling it to stop, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's difficult for me to pinpoint where the sound is coming from because it only sounds when I'm in motion and it only occurs when going over small cracks or bumps. I've tried googling and it seems like it may be the transmission or suspension, but nothing about my specific issue. Any ideas or suggestions? I really would like to understand the problem and try to avoid a long diagnostic session if I do need to go in for a repair service.

·
Super Moderator
3,595 Posts

and enjoy the forum!
Try spraying silicone on the seat pivot points & track to see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Silicon spray is a wonderful lubricant and extremely slippery so make sure you don't get it on your foot pedals.

Off topic: If anyone wants super shiny toe caps on working boots ie Police, Fire, Armed forces or anyone in uniform then spray your boots with silicon spray (y)(y)(y)

This pair could do with a spray :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

boots.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts