Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine developed intermediate squeaks only when the engine is under load. For example, when accelerating or going up a hill. Does anyone know anything info for this? Is it a simple fix that happens with many other engines? It only creates a noise, there’s no noticeable effects with power or such. The fact that if only happens under load confuses me. A thought I had is that it’s a bearing going out on the belt somehwere. Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
This is a direct quote from the RAC Breakdown within the UK but it remains pertinent to all road users so bear with me.

Squeaks and other noises whilst driving

Have a wee look around the RAC fault finding site and see if that helps not just Jeepatron but for anyone having a variety of unexplained noises in their Jeep. Hopefully it will assist you (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a direct quote from the RAC Breakdown within the UK but it remains pertinent to all road users so bear with me.

Squeaks and other noises whilst driving

Have a wee look around the RAC fault finding site and see if that helps not just Jeepatron but for anyone having a variety of unexplained noises in their Jeep. Hopefully it will assist you (y)(y)(y)
Mr puddlesplasher

I checked that link out and it said that it’s likely the Axle or wheel bearing is beginning to fail. I hope that’s not the factor, but it’s still worth a look. It would at least be better than some heavily burdening engine trouble.

Once again, you helped quite a bit!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many miles do you have? One of our club members had your problem and it was a bad pulley on the motor.
I’m about to hit 41k. I do tend to drive her like she’s a Ferrari though. It is made in Italy after all. The pulley is what I suspected it was, now I gotta actually go look for it. Thank you Mrsig!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
My engine developed intermediate squeaks only when the engine is under load. For example, when accelerating or going up a hill. Does anyone know anything info for this? Is it a simple fix that happens with many other engines? It only creates a noise, there’s no noticeable effects with power or such. The fact that if only happens under load confuses me. A thought I had is that it’s a bearing going out on the belt somehwere. Any help appreciated!
Hi Jeepatron,
We're sorry to hear about your experience. If you are unable to remedy this on your own and decide to have your dealer take a look, please feel free to send us a private message and we'd be happy to add support to your dealer visit.
Alex
Jeep Cares

1 - 6 of 6 Posts