Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last few days a VERY loud metal to metal squeal on occasions when reversing.
Luckily the old girl was booked in for 12K service and the outcome of the noise was a stone lodged between the disc pad and the disc
I am told I am lucky the disc is not ruined.
So how on earth does a stone get in-between the pad and disc in the first place?
Keep your ears open for what sounds like 2 metal cats having a right old fight.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Happened to me Monday. The county had chip sealed last week and I managed to get a little rock in the right rear brake. Must have been on the inner pad because I didn't see anything on the outer. Went away on its own.

Last month I got some pebbles inside one of my rear brakes on the Cherokee. Took out the drum.

It does happen. That is why I laugh at street driven vehicles that have drilled and slotted rotors. All those little holes for abrasive dirt and pebbles to hide in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Freshly planed roads in my entire area and tonight the car made the most disgusting grinding noise at the top of one of the hills. Worse when turning left? But missus says its definitely the driver side rear wheel making the racket. I've tried all sorts to get it out, reversing, slamming on brakes, fast motorway, might go to a tyre place on my way to work tomorrow see if he'll take the wheel off and have a look :(

Theres no jack in the boot of Renegade? lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
Freshly planed roads in my entire area and tonight the car made the most disgusting grinding noise at the top of one of the hills. Worse when turning left? But missus says its definitely the driver side rear wheel making the racket. I've tried all sorts to get it out, reversing, slamming on brakes, fast motorway, might go to a tyre place on my way to work tomorrow see if he'll take the wheel off and have a look :(

Theres no jack in the boot of Renegade? lol
What did you find?

My rear drivers side (US) wheel is making bad grinding noise after some off-roading. I have had the tire off and cleaned the area. Didn't see anything in the silver metal guard thing.
I'll try it again and may end up removing the pads.

Any tips are appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.