Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 17 renegade, manual 1.4t
32k miles
Wife and i went to the local canyon and going back up the hill there was a sound like screeching coming from the front, kinda sounded like a timing belt issue but idk, any ideas, also turbo sounds kinda weird when i accelerate fast, like it not centered

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything looks tight, a better description for turbo noise is like an old computer fan that has wobble

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could it be something with fuel, they put reg gas in it at the dealer, i later got home and read the manual and recommend fuel is 91, could that have something to do with it??

·
Registered
804 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

We also have a recall for the cooling fan. It could be failing on you.
... I would also get the turbo checked.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Just got my 17 renegade, manual 1.4t
32k miles
Wife and i went to the local canyon and going back up the hill there was a sound like screeching coming from the front, kinda sounded like a timing belt issue but idk, any ideas, also turbo sounds kinda weird when i accelerate fast, like it not centered
Hi Jcmc080,
I'm sorry to hear about the recent concerns you are having with your Renegade. If you decide to bring this to the attention of your dealer, we would be happy to offer additional assistance. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information for us to look into this further.

Kathryn
JeepCares

1 - 7 of 7 Posts