Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
My renegade trailhawk when filled to the full line for gas stalls at lights or while idling. When you drive it feels like it is suffocating without fuel until the fuel goes below the full line then it works fine. Dealer says they don't know why and gave me a poor excuse and said just don't fill it. This is a brand new vehicle and if I want to fill I should be able to! Anyone else with this problem?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Owners manual and the decal on the tank door say not to top it off. Let the pump stop on automatic shut off and wait 30 seconds after the pump stops to remove the gas pump nozzle. Has something to do with pressure in the tank. I do not top it off and have not had a problem in the first 3K miles

·
Super Moderator
3,641 Posts
Topping it off can flood the vapor recovery canister. This can lead to stalling when idling.

Lots of cars will do that if you flood the canister, the renegade seems to do it easier.

Also some have had improperly connected tubing, which can lead to similar problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This has happened to me three times at a red light. Never was my gas tank full. It was at different points between a quarter and three-quarters full. I always get a different service code when it happens. Those codes disappear when it has been parked for a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.