Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
So this brand new car with 500 miles on it now. Each time I have filled up, the car stalls out and runs rough intermittently while at red lights and while driving. I have filled up for the 3rd time and it consistantly only does this when the tank is full. Once I have used about a gallon it runs and drives with no issues. I dont think its in ship mode because everything works as it should. Any Ideas?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
454 Posts
So this brand new car with 500 miles on it now. Each time I have filled up, the car stalls out and runs rough intermittently while at red lights and while driving. I have filled up for the 3rd time and it consistantly only does this when the tank is full. Once I have used about a gallon it runs and drives with no issues. I dont think its in ship mode because everything works as it should. Any Ideas?? Thanks in advance.
Check out this thread Mcarro. Starting about halfway down the page with ksminiman's post.

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...my-new-renegade-needs-new-transmission-4.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is good information thank you, However I am not topping the tank off manually after the pump shuts off automatically. Maybe it is filling up past the proper level before it shuts off?

·
Registered
454 Posts
It's possible but I cannot give you an educated answer as I am going by the information I have been reading. My Renegade is still on order so I have no experience yet. Maybe next time you fill it up just stop it manually when you think you are getting close to full and see what happens. That's what I would try. Hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to take it into the dealer to have it checked out as well if some basic troubleshooting doesn't resolve this for you. There have been a few people reporting this issue and the two main factors seem to be Ship Mode and to not top off tank after the pump stops. Also, shoot a PM to JeepCares if you need further support as well.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I try to round off to the nearest gallon (or 1/10 gallon) in mine and haven't yet experienced any trouble at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE! the dealer said that the vent hose to the fuel pump was disconnected. And that was the cause of my symptoms. They fastened the hose and the problem completely went away. Also the idle is much more smooth than before. They didnt even need to physically diag the car, This problem is so common with that hose not being connected from the factory they already knew the problem. So if your rene has a choppy idle or is stalling check the gas tank vent hose~!!! thanks for the support

·
Registered
471 Posts
UPDATE! the dealer said that the vent hose to the fuel pump was disconnected.This problem is so common with that hose not being connected from the factory they already knew the problem. /QUOTE]

Thanks... This is god to know & I have heard of this happening to one other person that I know of. So happy they found the quick fix for you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
UPDATE! the dealer said that the vent hose to the fuel pump was disconnected. And that was the cause of my symptoms. They fastened the hose and the problem completely went away. Also the idle is much more smooth than before. They didnt even need to physically diag the car, This problem is so common with that hose not being connected from the factory they already knew the problem. So if your rene has a choppy idle or is stalling check the gas tank vent hose~!!! thanks for the support
Thank you, I am having the exact same issue with my brand new renegade and the dealer instead of looking at it told me just don't fill it. I will be taking it back and asking them to check the vent hose to the fuel pump. Thanks again!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I hope somebody at the factory got "re-educated." Same for the fellow who was leaving the AC drain hoses off. Such things are bound to happen in manufacturing which is why you need really good quality control to catch them before they leave the factory. I'm hoping that as time goes on the folks in Italy will get their act together and we'll read fewer of these stories.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So I'm experience "mini" stalls when braking; feels like a stall but then immediately kicks back in. Is that what you experienced? I'm 100 miles in on this tank of gas so my situation doesn't quite match with yours so I'm trying to nail it down.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will be checking mine then. I’ve had mine (‘15 TH) stahl 3 times now but not from topping it off but just putting in half tank.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.