Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 renegade that was purchased new. Since day of delivery the start stop has not worked. The message I am getting says "Start/Stop not ready battery charging." on delivery day I was told it would be fine it just needs to be driven to charge the batteries because it sat too long. Well after 3 months and 2500 miles it still does not work and still getting the same message. After spending about 3 hours at the dealership today, I was told that every thing checked out ok, and they are getting no codes and have no TSB so there it nothing more they can do for me at this time. I was then sent me on my way. I asked them if they where going to open a Star Case on it. I was told I would have to leave with them so they could drive it and test it more first. Any ideas of what it could be? sorry if this has already been discussed. TIA

·
Registered
312 Posts
make sure they have a warranty rental and drop it off. document it. did they see the code? my start stop was disabled due to a seatbelt short and it also disabled the airbag. but since it is under warranty its best to get the dealership to research it

they should provide you a warranty rental. i wouldnt start messing with wires under the hood especially with only 2500 miles on it. and that dealership should be flagged. if you have another close bring it to them

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2021 Trailhawk. See post #21 here:

Locked Up | Page 2 | Jeep Renegade Forum

Dealer fixed it as noted in Post #26 -- they installed a new battery (an AGM this time) under warranty.
Bumper Auto part Font Magenta Electric blue

The system has been working fine ever since.

If it might help you with your dealer, here's the bit from my invoice:
Rectangle Font Circle Parallel Writing

It actually took a couple months for the system to "relearn" before it was working right.

This was Perkins Motors in Colorado Springs, Invoice # CHCS649359, dated 03/25/22.

They did also update some software to fix a different issue; but that update apparently didn't have to do with fixing the auto stop/start problem.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
24 Posts
I purchased a 2020 JRTH and noticed the same thing, I thought it was the battery, but while driving to work, roughly 10 mins of freeway driving, when I hit the side roads and came to a stop, my stop/start started working.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I purchased a 2020 JRTH and noticed the same thing, I thought it was the battery, but while driving to work, roughly 10 mins of freeway driving, when I hit the side roads and came to a stop, my stop/start started working.
There are a lot of conditions where the Renegade will disable the auto stop/start feature. Mostly those that put a heavy load on the battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2022 renegade that was purchased new. Since day of delivery the start stop has not worked. The message I am getting says "Start/Stop not ready battery charging." on delivery day I was told it would be fine it just needs to be driven to charge the batteries because it sat too long. Well after 3 months and 2500 miles it still does not work and still getting the same message. After spending about 3 hours at the dealership today, I was told that every thing checked out ok, and they are getting no codes and have no TSB so there it nothing more they can do for me at this time. I was then sent me on my way. I asked them if they where going to open a Star Case on it. I was told I would have to leave with them so they could drive it and test it more first. Any ideas of what it could be? sorry if this has already been discussed. TIA
I purchased a renegade trailhawk new 2022 and it was fine for about a week and then service engine went on with the start stop system. Took it in twice and service said they downloaded new software and give it some time. Now a few weeks later, the stop start will not work because of battery charging ( I drive 25 miles one way to work at 60 mph). It is scheduled for service on Dec 12. Read your lemon law rights that came with your purchase. If they can't fix it after 3-4 repair attempts, the car can be deemed a lemon. I have less than 2,000 miles and am headed in that direction. You have to write a letter to the sales manager detailing the situation. And there is a 877 number and address from a Customer Assistant Center.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts