Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove my son up to Stevens Pass last weekend and took a trip across the pass to Leavenworth, the ski hill there, and looped through Lake Wenatchee State Park.

Snow mode and ABS were great. No real issues at all. it felt very secure in the snow and on some ice on the way back home (west side of the pass).

Here are a couple pics from the trip.

Attachments

· Registered
21 Posts
Nice! I still haven't gotten into real snow with mine. In November we did a trip to the trailhead atop Mt Beckler (NF-66) where there was maybe 3 or 4 inches.

Side question: I'm new to the PNW—when WSDOT says chains are required for the passes, is that only for 2wd vehicles?

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! I still haven't gotten into real snow with mine. In November we did a trip to the trailhead atop Mt Beckler (NF-66) where there was maybe 3 or 4 inches.

Side question: I'm new to the PNW—when WSDOT says chains are required for the passes, is that only for 2wd vehicles?

I honestly don't know yet. This is my first 4WD in a long time. So far, when I have been across the passes, they say traction tires required.

I didn't get in to snow too deep as I was solo. I did come across a rig (Escalade I believe) stuck at Lake Wenatchee. I didn't have a recovery strap, but found a camper, the only camper, with a shovel, so the stuck guy started digging. :)

A quick google search 'chains 4 wheel drive site:http://wsdot.wa.gov/'
found this: http://www.wsdot.com/winter/traction.htm
"Tire chains required - except four-wheel/all-wheel drive. "

Yay!!

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is interesting too. Seems to mean we have to have chains on hand.

Exemptions
Four-wheel/all-wheel drive vehicles are exempt from chain requirements when all wheels are in gear and are equipped with approved traction devices, provided that tire chains for at least one set of drive tires are carried in the vehicle. See WAC 204-24-050.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.