Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll keep it short, I noticed flickering lights just before my stock battery failed. I put in a new battery, flickering continues. I replaced ground cable, no help. Now I'm thinking bad voltage regulator so I replace alternator, no help. I removed every light bulb thinking, maybe a short in the wires that I've moved in the past. No help. Now a new issue, it starts with a voltage reading of 13.2v then 30 secs or so it jumps to 15.6v. it used to jump to 14.8v. l scanned for codes, no codes registered. Anyone see this?

·
Registered
2017 renegade trailhawk 9 spd auto glacier metallic, preferred package 27E
633 Posts
I'll keep it short, I noticed flickering lights just before my stock battery failed. I put in a new battery, flickering continues. I replaced ground cable, no help. Now I'm thinking bad voltage regulator so I replace alternator, no help. I removed every light bulb thinking, maybe a short in the wires that I've moved in the past. No help. Now a new issue, it starts with a voltage reading of 13.2v then 30 secs or so it jumps to 15.6v. it used to jump to 14.8v. l scanned for codes, no codes registered. Anyone see this?
if it is a rebuilt alternator it may be defective

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The alternator voltage is controlled my the Body control Module (BCM). There might be a software update for the BCM to correct your issue. The problem is, it is a dealer function only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts