Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 22 Limited, 13k miles. The stop/start has not been working for the past 2 months. At first the dash indicator showed Stop Start Not Available Battery Charging. Now it says Stop Start Not Ready.

Took it in and battery was replaced but still same message. Plan is to drive it for a couple of weeks and bring it back to dealer if the message continues.

Will post the next time I bring it in. I see some people have had the same issue.

Shout out from Nebraska.

· Registered
2,211 Posts
Welcome!

Warranty claim. I had the identical issue with my 2021 Trailhawk. The dealer replaced the battery under warranty in March 2022 with an AGM DieHard.

Font Rectangle Circle Parallel Number

Black Electronic component Circuit component Computer hardware Auto part

That did it for me. But it took more than a couple of weeks of relearning -- more like a couple of months. But the system has worked perfectly ever since.

· Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2021 Trailhawk. After the second visit, they replaced my battery with a Mopar AGM. They also said that they had to reflash the computer. The auto stop/start has worked perfectly ever since.

· Premium Member
3,279 Posts
Cold weather causes issues with the on board computer for want of a better phrase.

Your Jeep is working within normal confines.

I too had the same error messages at -11 degrees centigrade recently.

Jeep is running perfectly well.

· Registered
2,211 Posts
It was replaced with a Mopar battery. No update yet but staying patient and optimistic.
Yup, hang in there a while.

What kind of Mopar battery? The OEM battery for my 2021 Tralhawk was not an AGM. But the DieHard the dealer relaced it with, was. And luckydog got a Mopar AGM.

I wonder whether Jeep just figured that an AGM battery is really better for this, and my dealer just didn't have a Mopar one available...?

· Registered
28 Posts
Got tired of bringing it to the dealer for battery charge that lasted a day, so after months sprang for a $300 AGM. Dealer sed FCA policy was to replace with same lead acid, tired of arguing. FCA has earned its reputation of being the sheenies in the auto industry. Its a shame that they got 'hold of Jeep.

· Registered
2,211 Posts
I'll look again but I recall it looks like the standard battery that was in beforehand. I know it says 36 months guaranteed or something to that effect on the top.
I know your Renegade is a 2022, but here's the original battery that had come with my 2021 Trailhawk -- at least its label:
Font Gas Audio equipment Electric blue Carmine

You can see it was an EFB (Enhanced Flooded Battery), so definitely not an AGM like the DieHard the dealer replaced it with.

And no mention of any warranty on it. In fact, the dealer told me that the OEM batteries are only warranted for two years.

I'd love to see a photo of what your dealer put in...

And again, it's only been just over a week since yours was replaced. Hope you're not panicking yet that the Auto Stop/Start isn't working yet...

· Registered
2,211 Posts
Yeah it's an AGM.
Interesting. Maybe for 2022 Jeep figured that an AGM battery handles all the electrical/electronic demands better, and started putting those in. Which might be why my dealer put one in too.

And the fact that my dealer used a DieHard might be because they didn't have the Mopar ones available yet.

I actually have no idea why AGM would be better... Note that my original EFB battery, that supposedly tested bad, actually had slightly-higher specs than your new AGM. And my new AGM has even slightly-higher specs than that...

Nope, not worried about it.
Yeah, I actually don't like the Auto Stop/Start feature. The only reason I got it fixed (other than the Trailhawk being under warranty) was that I hate to have anything wrong with my cars. Once you start tolerating minor faults, pretty-soon you end up with a junker...

· Super Moderator
2,497 Posts
Pretty much all FPT engines (especially the turbos) need synthetic oil now.

They were probably told to fit "original spec" batteries to use up stock!

· Registered
17 Posts
I really wish the auto stop on ours would stop working. Really hate the feature, really really hate not being able to over ride it. Apparently not enough to buy the OBDC widget but not my car.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts