Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just bought my blue TH yesterday. Really like this ride, except for one thing.
As all of you already know, there are almost no places to put stuff. Especially things you might want quick access to, like coins, or tictacs, cigarettes, etc.
So I was wondering if anyone has thought of, or employed any workarounds to this.
Some store bought console, some sticky thing on dash, I don't know.

Thanks
Floyd.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
I didn't buy anything extra for storage so can't really answer your question. But I will keep talking :laugh:
Just wanted to comment to say the center console is deeper than it seems. It looks pretty small but I was able to fit a lot of little things I wanted to have with me. Extra sunglasses, small first aid kit, knife, and other odds and ends.
Plus the glove box is a decent size too.
I don't keep loose change in the Jeep but this little tray I guess would work for that. It would definitely hold tic tacs! :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hello,
I just bought my blue TH yesterday. Really like this ride, except for one thing.
As all of you already know, there are almost no places to put stuff. Especially things you might want quick access to, like coins, or tictacs, cigarettes, etc.
So I was wondering if anyone has thought of, or employed any workarounds to this.
Some store bought console, some sticky thing on dash, I don't know.

Thanks
Floyd.
I have a similar TH ordered myself... and while it has been some time since I did my test drive, I plan to do what I do right now with my 2005 Escape. I have a plastic mug that is in my cup holder that holds loose change, random cards (coffee club cards, gas card, etc.) and pens. And if I have a guest passenger who needs a cup space, then I move that mug to the door.

-rhy

·
Registered
221 Posts
I dont have an issue with storage in the front. The Renegade has as much storage space as most cars. I tend not to carry much on me anyways. I do run into this problem when a group of us go offroading. We get in and out of the car a lot and swap drivers. So no one carries their phone or wallets on their persons and we stick them in the cup holders. Or if you have 2 phones on the charger. We keep radios on hand as well and that clutters up the cubbies. Plus the water bottles. We have to make due with the rear passengers and handle things back and forth.

But for everyday use, for 1-2 person... its that same as a mid size or full size car and it's does fine. I would like a sunglasses storage cubbie though.

The storage space I'm more worried about is the trunk. For anything outdoor, it fills up fast. 3 people will do just fine with the rear seat drop down, but 4 people don't work at all. The more people you bring the more gear you have to bring. I got a roof rack and I'm looking at a hitch cargo basket to add on some storage space.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'll have to look, but I think the Cherokee has the under-seat storage. I don't think the Renegade has the same.
I noticed in some Italian reviews of the diesel version, they were able to pull the passenger seat forward and reveal a storage area. I haven't seen this shown on any of the US 2.4 liter models. So either it doesn't have it, or none of the reviewers knew about it. Im assuming it doesn't have it though, which is a bummer because it looked like some really usable small storage space.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Just checked - my Trailhawk has no storage under the front passenger seat.
But is there anything down there that would get in the way of just getting the UK item and putting it on the US version.

On a side note, I wouldn't mind seeing something like the Rugged Ridge dash organizer made for a Renegade. But looking at the instructions, I don't think it can be modified.

TS

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
I'm not familiar with the UK item, so I'm not sure. I would think the seats would be pretty much interchangeable, though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My European Renegade 2.0D has the "under-the-seat storage compartment":

When you drive with a passenger, he has to get out of the car to get to the compartment, so it is only usable for things you need not very often. Glass cleaner an some cloth for example...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I gather that your Renegade does not have heated front seats? I don't think the storage under the seat and heated seats can be combined.
Heated seats: check! :)
If you look closely, you can find the switch for the heated seats.

My wife would have killed me, if I had tried to bring home a car without heated seat (on the passenger side, at least ;) )

Reactions: Rado Red
1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.