Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local dealer just got a Renegade in with the My Sky roof. So I checked it out, mainly to see if the panels could be put in the bag and then put under the trunk floor. Bottom line is that we came ever so close to getting them in but could not get the rearmost end to go down into the compartment. I could tell that it looks like they may be meant to go down in there as there was 2 indentations in the trunk for the bag clips to go down through. These are the clips that you can attach it to the 2 tie down rings above the trunk floor.

Perhaps it's intended just to stow the empty bag under the floor. Someone in this forum site posted a picture of the bag under the trunk floor and he said that the panels were in the bag in that picture. If they will fit under there then it takes some time and patience to properly get them packed into the bag so they will fit under that floor. It's difficult to do with the bag opened up on top of the trunk floor. Sorry but it's kinda hard to describe.

Getting the panels off and on to the roof was also a tad difficult. Perhaps with time it could be easy once it's all mastered. I also felt that the handles and hardware for locking the panels to the car were all of cheap, flimsy plastic. I would not be surprised if they break in no time. I do not see them lasting a long time.

Based on all of this I have decided not to get the My Sky roof when I get a Regegade.

If anyone else has managed to get the panels in the bag and under the floor then I suggest that you post pictures of this for everyone to see. Am certain there's lots of folks out there who would love to have the My Sky panels stowed in the bag and under the trunk floor so they can then pack luggage into the trunk and not on top of the My Sky panels.

Finally I must add that I had a nice long test drive and was quite pleased with the horse power and engine responsiveness. It was hot and we had the A/C blasting. The car had plenty of giddy up and go power. I test drove an automatic tranny.

· Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
I have a full-size spare, and I think it takes up most of the room underneath. My guess is that if you have the tire repair kit rather than spare, the bag may fit down there.

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With a spare in the trunk you can't put even the empty bag under the floor, just no space. Without a spare in the trunk you can fit the empty bag under the floor, no problem. However for the life of me I could not get the bag with the 2 My Sky panels to fit under the floor, came close though. Like I said maybe it's possible if they are packed better in the bag.

· Registered
394 Posts
The dealer didn't show you the piece of paper that comes in the storage bag. It specifically says not to store the panels under there or they will get damaged. This was a dealer breaker for me on the MySky. Where am I supposed to put my junk with the panels in the trunk?

· Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
It would be nice to be able to store the panels in the back and have a place to put groceries or other stuff. I'm sure setting stuff on top of the bag is a bad idea. I've put the bag with the panels in it in the back seat sitting on the floor before, but that's obviously not where it belongs, and probably not the safest thing to do. Still fun to drive with the panels off, though.

· Registered
607 Posts
With a spare in the trunk you can't put even the empty bag under the floor, just no space. Without a spare in the trunk you can fit the empty bag under the floor, no problem. However for the life of me I could not get the bag with the 2 My Sky panels to fit under the floor, came close though. Like I said maybe it's possible if they are packed better in the bag.
I went to a dealer and we managed to get the mysky panels in the bag and stow them completely under the rear floor (this Renegade did NOT have the spare tire). It did take a lot of effort, as there is very little tolerance for error so they have to be perfectly packed in the bag, but they will fit under there and the floor will go back completely flat.

I decided to opt to get the spare and the mysky on my renegade order because I would not take a road trip or any extended trip that requires luggage with the panels off, so why would I need to stow them under the floor? I wouldn't. They would be on the roof not taking up space, so I don't need to be able to keep them under the floor... and I like the idea of spare tire back there for road trips, in case I run over something that slashes one of my tires open on the road or off the road, no air-pump kit will be able to get me home.

· Registered
607 Posts
It would be nice to be able to store the panels in the back and have a place to put groceries or other stuff. I'm sure setting stuff on top of the bag is a bad idea. I've put the bag with the panels in it in the back seat sitting on the floor before, but that's obviously not where it belongs, and probably not the safest thing to do. Still fun to drive with the panels off, though.
I went to a dealer and test drove one with the mysky panels - With the mysky panels removed & all the windows rolled up (forgot to try rolling them down), at 55mph and above, the headliner on the cross beam between the two open areas flapped up and down so vigorously that it sounded like a helicopter was hovering above us. Is there any way to get the little windscreen to the front of the vehicle to pop up and break up the wind (while all the mysky panels are removed)? It seemed to only want to pop up with the sunroof panel attached and retracted, but once that front panel was removed, the windscreen didnt seem to want to ever pop up...

· Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Not sure there's a way to get it to pop up with the panels removed. Opening the windows should help with the buffeting, though.

· Registered
20 Posts
My latitude my sky panels fit perfectly where the empty bag is stowed. Im not sure why all the complaints. like any awkwardly shaped object it takes patience to get them to fit in the bag. After about 5-10 times removing and stowing I have absolutely no problem fitting them in the bag and underneath. I do not have the spare as well.

· Registered
138 Posts
I just don't see the need to store them under the floor. I have power my sky so if I am going on a trip requiring me to have stuff in the back, ill just use the power one. if I want the panels off and store stuff I'd just put it on top, or have them vertical

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.