Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was cleaning the outside of my Renegade. The Jeep was already locked and the alarm set and I did not have the key fob with me. I randomly peeked inside and noticed the buttons around the Uconnect were on, ie back lit. Only the buttons were on and not the Uconnect screen. So after a while they turned off.

Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ted,

Do you know why or when it does it? because it was 'random' and I did not have the key fob with me... did it know I was loitering around the Jeep? LOL BTW I have Keyless Go and Security Group so the alarm was set and I saw the flashing red light in the gauges.

Anyhow it was strange I looked up and noticed the Uconnect buttons light up for no reason.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I don't have keyless go, but with mine it stays on for a couple of minutes when the key is taken out, and I think when the car is unlocked.
I'm guessing that the usb still live/coming on as soon as the car is unlocked may also be connected.
With KG, it may detect the presence of the fob.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.