Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish there were fewer things, beyond the owner's control, which happen "automatically" on my 2015 Renegade Latitude. I wish that these items were user-controllable options. For example:

- As one user complained, why do the heated seats, steering wheel, and rear defroster (really?) come on when the outside temp is below I think 37 deg F?
- The interior lights come on when the key is removed.
- The damned steering belt chime which doesn't shut up. If I drive 200 feet at 5 MPH from the mailbox to my house I don't need the noise.

- Not an "automatic" thing, but can my UConnect 5.0 display brightness be adjusted (i.e., made dimmer) at night? I don't see a way to do that.

Thanks

· Registered
59 Posts
I wish there were fewer things, beyond the owner's control, which happen "automatically" on my 2015 Renegade Latitude. I wish that these items were user-controllable options. For example:

- As one user complained, why do the heated seats, steering wheel, and rear defroster (really?) come on when the outside temp is below I think 37 deg F?
- The interior lights come on when the key is removed.
- The damned steering belt chime which doesn't shut up. If I drive 200 feet at 5 MPH from the mailbox to my house I don't need the noise.

- Not an "automatic" thing, but can my UConnect 5.0 display brightness be adjusted (i.e., made dimmer) at night? I don't see a way to do that.

Thanks

uConnect's brightness can be set via the Settings Menu and it can be set to AUTO or MANUAL.
When on AUTO, brightness adjusts automatically (duh!) and when on MANUAL you can set the brightness for two different occasions, when lights are on or off.

· Premium Member
1,540 Posts
This doesn't really bother me (well, I don't have the heated seats or wheel) but the auto-on defroster is all right. I get that the feature is trying to "help" us out on cold mornings. I just think the temp threshold should have been much lower than 37-38. Or like you said, make it user-controllable and have us input our own preferable setting temp.

· Registered
106 Posts
I have a two adjustment wheels to the the left of my steering wheel near the headlight/foglight dial. One is for dimming the interior accent lighting (I.E. center cup holder ring, door cup holder illumination, and door handle illumination. The second one allows me to manually brighten or dim the speedo and uConnect screens.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
I have a two adjustment wheels to the the left of my steering wheel near the headlight/foglight dial. One is for dimming the interior accent lighting (I.E. center cup holder ring, door cup holder illumination, and door handle illumination. The second one allows me to manually brighten or dim the speedo and uConnect screens.
More accurately/clearly the settings on these two wheels are the settings that apply when the light sensor turns on the headlights. Not necessarily the most intuitive setup, but that is where you control that.

· Registered
604 Posts
More accurately/clearly the settings on these two wheels are the settings that apply when the light sensor turns on the headlights. Not necessarily the most intuitive setup, but that is where you control that.
Actually I'm pretty sure the night mode on the dash/uConnect runs on a separate light sensor from the automatic headlights. I say this because I've been in many situations around dusk where the dash switches from day to night mode after the headlights have been on for some time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.