Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 6 speaker system. I'm upgrading all the speakers and adding an amp. It's a 5 channel amp. I plan on boosting the 2 dash and 2 front speakers with the amp and leaving the passenger doors to run off the stock HU. I'll be using a LOC to convert to RCA to connect to the amp. After that reconnect back to the stock wiring.

My question is, can I splice into the passenger door wiring to add my sub? I was thinking of splicing the left + and right -, convert to RCA and use that as my sub input into the amp and out to the sub. I realize the wiring might be kind of a bitch but would it work?

Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
40 Posts
you could do that. its a little over complicated... here is my advice.
1) do some research on amps. if i remember correctly some of them only require you to have one rca input and the amp will internally split that one signal to all channels. also there are amps with line output converters built into them so that you dont even need To use them.
2) but if you already have an amp that has neither of these options, get rid of the second line output converter coming from you rear speakers. not sure why your taking the - from one side and the + from the other? but when you get the rca to the amp from the front speakers just use an rca splitter. takes out a lot of work you really don't need to do.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you could do that. its a little over complicated... here is my advice.
1) do some research on amps. if i remember correctly some of them only require you to have one rca input and the amp will internally split that one signal to all channels. also there are amps with line output converters built into them so that you dont even need To use them.
2) but if you already have an amp that has neither of these options, get rid of the second line output converter coming from you rear speakers. not sure why your taking the - from one side and the + from the other? but when you get the rca to the amp from the front speakers just use an rca splitter. takes out a lot of work you really don't need to do.
oh duh! use an rca splitter!

thanks that will solve some wiring. I just assumed you needed a channel per right/left/front/back/sub

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.