Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
Hi 馃憢
2016 Renegade Latitude
I bought financed mine July 2020.
At Shakers Jeep Chrysler Dodge in
Watertown CT

From Day 1 Sunroof got stuck. Because I believed them fixing it a couple times and sending me in my mary way. I found out later that it was never fixed when i called this year around the spring they said I would need to pay for diagnostic test since I'm still having issues. I also found out that the Track part that was ordered to fix it the last time was never ordered so they never properly fixed it as I was told by a head of service dept that was fired for that same reason.
They were just opening the panels up with the special key it has inside the jeep trunk with instructions. The key opens the panels up to lift them off so you can clear the track of any debris leaves that get in there you can add lubricant onto the tracks and replace the panels to make it work smoothly. When panels are back in place, you hit the button and the sunroof will shut secured back again.
This is what I have to do now in order to close it properly everytime it gets stuck. No need to fix and spend all this $$$$
Hope this helps...

Registered
Don't force the sunroof closed, you could create a more expensive problem. The sunroof has lost its home position, it does not know where it is in reference to open or closed, that is why it is acting the way you described. You will need to perform a sunroof reset procedure. Try this reset procedure as I explained in another thread. My sunroof rest and all is fine.

If yours is stuck open, pull down on the "CLOSE" button and keep pulling it down. Might take 30 seconds or longer of constant pressure but then the panel will start to close 2 or 3 inches at a time. Don't take your finger off the button! Keep pulling down on the button and the MySky will finally close all the way and seat itself. That's it! Reset procedure complete.

Registered
Don't force the sunroof closed, you could create a more expensive problem. The sunroof has lost its home position, it does not know where it is in reference to open or closed, that is why it is acting the way you described. You will need to perform a sunroof reset procedure. Try this reset procedure as I explained in another thread. My sunroof rest and all is fine.

If yours is stuck open, pull down on the "CLOSE" button and keep pulling it down. Might take 30 seconds or longer of constant pressure but then the panel will start to close 2 or 3 inches at a time. Don't take your finger off the button! Keep pulling down on the button and the MySky will finally close all the way and seat itself. That's it! Reset procedure complete.
Hi, Ty
I did that too!
I kept the button down and it started too then went right back open. I even tap on the button without stopping like I was told. Like I told the woman, best way is to use the special key open the panels remove clear the track of debris , put lubricant and replace the panels then hit button and walah! Closes again.
Dealer won't fix properly been there lost battle they want to charge you $$$$ and possibly not fix it right anyway. I'm done with the Dealer. I will do it myself this way instead save me $$$

Super Moderator
Don't try to take the front panel off when open or try to power open with the front panel removed. This way lies potential broken plastic and a 鈧2000 bill.

Registered
2016 Trailhawk with mysky, electric push button opening for front. I can't close the sunroof, it starts to close very slowly then reverses and starts to open, Ive tried everything pulling it as hard as I can.. and it seems go a little bit then reverse again... I have 35,700 miles on it, but just passed the 3 year mark end of January.
Any have experience with his? Any advice appreciated! Thanks!
The entire roof has to be replaced to repair the sunroof... not kidding.

... in short, if you take it to the dealer for repair, the dealer will usually subcontract it out to a body for replacement.
FOR 5,000$ I am told!!!! I am soooooo begged.

Registered
You could look at the drive mechanism for it, theres a common problem of some clips breaking off. I had this issue and it eventually lead to another piece shattering while trying to move it.

There is a emergency manual closing option, however. Above the middle seat in the rear on the headliner is a little plastic button that you can remove to expose a slot for the wrench that you use to remove the MySky panels. You can put that wrench in the hole and manually open or close the sunroof.

I鈥檇 move it all the way forward manually and see if it starts working again after. If not, you may need to take it apart and have a look around in the mechanism. Please, let me know if you find anything. I have learned a lot from repairing my own MySky sunroof and want to give out as much info and tips as possible.

Good luck Kimberlee!
Thanks im going to try that. Stupid dealer said it had leaves in tracks and then they oiled the track now it gors open fast but buddy you cannot make it close for NUTTIN!
Hi 馃憢
2016 Renegade Latitude
I bought financed mine July 2020.
At Shakers Jeep Chrysler Dodge in
Watertown CT

From Day 1 Sunroof got stuck. Because I believed them fixing it a couple times and sending me in my mary way. I found out later that it was never fixed when i called this year around the spring they said I would need to pay for diagnostic test since I'm still having issues. I also found out that the Track part that was ordered to fix it the last time was never ordered so they never properly fixed it as I was told by a head of service dept that was fired for that same reason.
They were just opening the panels up with the special key it has inside the jeep trunk with instructions. The key opens the panels up to lift them off so you can clear the track of any debris leaves that get in there you can add lubricant onto the tracks and replace the panels to make it work smoothly. When panels are back in place, you hit the button and the sunroof will shut secured back again.
This is what I have to do now in order to close it properly everytime it gets stuck. No need to fix and spend all this $$$$
Hope this helps...
THANK YOU AM GOING TO TRY IT TODAY

Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
Thanks im going to try that. Stupid dealer said it had leaves in tracks and then they oiled the track now it gors open fast but buddy you cannot make it close for NUTTIN!

THANK YOU AM GOING TO TRY IT TODAY
Hope you can figure it out. But please, don鈥檛 use that wrench you use to take off the panels. You鈥檙e supposed to use a metric Allen key in that slot, I鈥檝e just read somewhere else you use that wrench but never tried it. Turns out it strips it pretty good.

Also, if it really doesn鈥檛 want to close, don鈥檛 force it. That鈥檚 what breaks it and causes a lot of headaches. What you need to do is grease up the rear tracks and it should operate smoothly.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts