Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have been having a lot of issues with my 2015 renegade latitude transmission. At low speeds, the shifting of gears is terrible. My car lurches and I hear loud "thunking" noises, especially around 30-35 mph. I just picked my renegade up from the dealership, and this was the 6th time I have taken it in for this issue (have gone to three different dealerships). I keep getting told that it is learning how I drive (yet I've owned it since July 2015). They also keep saying they cannot replicate my issue, and that they complete the software updates and flashes, and that all is well after that. After each time I leave, the issue comes back. I'm not sure how they can't duplicate this issue...I literally feel like the transmission is going to completely drop out from under my car sometimes! It isn't subtle.

I had convinced myself this was a normal thing for the new 9speed transmission, but in all reality it is not. When I picked my car up this morning, the dealership told me that Chrysler has acknowledged that there is transmission and shifting issues with the 9 speed auto in the renegade and the Cherokee, and they are working on yet another Major update (oh please!! LOL) that should fix the issue. The suggest I keep driving it and next time I need an oil change, hopefully the update will be ready by then.

Now, I haven't had complete and total failure of the vehicle like some have posted on this forum (thank goodness)! I am however looking into the buyback process or lemon law. I sort of want to wait it out to see if this magic update will solve the problems but I'm losing hope in Jeep.

Just and FYI for everybody having the same issues with the shifting...talk to your dealership about this fix. I know its not done yet, but at least they have admitted there are issues...and are working to solve the problem. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can replicate the problem take them for a drive.
That's my plan. Its happens 80% of the time, so I hope they are int he car when it does. If I'm riding along in an area with a slower speed limit, I get decent results (no noise) when I speed up past 40 MPH and then coast and slow down to speeds of 20-35 mph. BUT that seems ridiculous to have to do :)

But on the flip side, they must believe me if they've told me to hang in there for this new update and that the issues are being knowledge by Jeep/ Chrysler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

I have been having a lot of issues with my 2015 renegade latitude transmission. At low speeds, the shifting of gears is terrible. My car lurches and I hear loud "thunking" noises, especially around 30-35 mph. I just picked my renegade up from the dealership, and this was the 6th time I have taken it in for this issue (have gone to three different dealerships). I keep getting told that it is learning how I drive (yet I've owned it since July 2015). They also keep saying they cannot replicate my issue, and that they complete the software updates and flashes, and that all is well after that. After each time I leave, the issue comes back. I'm not sure how they can't duplicate this issue...I literally feel like the transmission is going to completely drop out from under my car sometimes! It isn't subtle.

I had convinced myself this was a normal thing for the new 9speed transmission, but in all reality it is not. When I picked my car up this morning, the dealership told me that Chrysler has acknowledged that there is transmission and shifting issues with the 9 speed auto in the renegade and the Cherokee, and they are working on yet another Major update (oh please!! LOL) that should fix the issue. The suggest I keep driving it and next time I need an oil change, hopefully the update will be ready by then.

Now, I haven't had complete and total failure of the vehicle like some have posted on this forum (thank goodness)! I am however looking into the buyback process or lemon law. I sort of want to wait it out to see if this magic update will solve the problems but I'm losing hope in Jeep.

Just and FYI for everybody having the same issues with the shifting...talk to your dealership about this fix. I know its not done yet, but at least they have admitted there are issues...and are working to solve the problem. :)
I have a 2016 renegade Latitude that is acting the same way and the dealership said it was a fuel induction service repair that needed to be done. I on the other hand have had familiar experiences with my last car and the transmission went on it. I have not had the fuel service done because I was told that I'd be put into a loaner while it was being fixed. Arrived at my appointment and was told they didn't have one and mopar only loaned cars to individuals with repairs that were only under warranty! Hello, my car is under warranty and it has to be something wrong with the transmission, engine or what not! I really regret buying this vehicle. Any advice?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2015 Latitude with 77,000 which was great until this year and now I have been having similar issues with lurching and jerking when it shifts in lower gears. Taken it in 4x already and about to take it back yet again. The first time they told me it needed a software update. Second time they told me they couldn’t find any issues. Third time they said it was the engine mounts that were worn and the engine was just “floating” in there, oh and it needed a new radiator. Fourth time which was just last week, it needed a new Multiair Actuator (a $2000 repair). I drove it for 3 days around town and now the service engine light is on again. Now it feels like it is going to stall sometimes when I come to a stop and it is still jerking at around 45 mph. I’m SO frustrated right now. I don’t even believe anything the dealer says about the problems now because each time what they have said would fix it, didn’t. This is my first Jeep and I have loved it from the minute I bought it, until this year, and now I’m starting to hate it. Did anyone actually find a fix for this lurching and jerking problem???? Jeep cares - what’s the deal??? Please help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.