Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went back & forth about purchasing the MAX care lifetime bumper to bumper when I purchased a 2015 Lattitude 4x4 for my Wife. I figured since I got an employee discount on both the Jeep and warranty it would be a nice piece of mind. Last week, the Renegade finally went in for some work and the tally was $1600. We had to pony up just the $100 deductible. The Jeep developed some extremely annoying clunking which drove us nuts! I figured it was motor mounts, a shield or suspension. It was the struts and sway bar links says the Dealership. No more clunking and only out $100. I have a feeling, the warranty will pay for itself indeed. Just shy of 80k miles.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It is great the max care covered your claim. It is not uncommon to hear people complain the extended warranty wouldn't cover their problem.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you look at what the top of the line Max Care covers, it is astounding. Basically everything, but hoses, belts, tires, wipers, brake pads, rotors. If they ever deny a claim, they will wish My Wife was never born and probably offer her a new Jeep! lol.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I went back & forth about purchasing the MAX care lifetime bumper to bumper when I purchased a 2015 Lattitude 4x4 for my Wife. I figured since I got an employee discount on both the Jeep and warranty it would be a nice piece of mind. Last week, the Renegade finally went in for some work and the tally was $1600. We had to pony up just the $100 deductible. The Jeep developed some extremely annoying clunking which drove us nuts! I figured it was motor mounts, a shield or suspension. It was the struts and sway bar links says the Dealership. No more clunking and only out $100. I have a feeling, the warranty will pay for itself indeed. Just shy of 80k miles.
It's fortunate you opted for the warranty! It's staggering what the dealership quoted for the repairs. For me personally, I like doing my own work and I replaced the same components myself with what I would consider upgraded parts (Bilstein & Moog), $280 total for the front. Nice to know my labor is worth $1320 lol!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's fortunate you opted for the warranty! It's staggering what the dealership quoted for the repairs. For me personally, I like doing my own work and I replaced the same components myself with what I would consider upgraded parts (Bilstein & Moog), $280 total for the front. Nice to know my labor is worth $1320 lol!
Yeah, the labor is absolutely ludicrous. We told them that if MAX Care did NOT cover the repairs, I would do it myself. I have become quite the driveway mechanic after keeping about 7 cars going for the kids. I have done much more involved repairs, but since it was covered and winter, I said let them go at it! The first time my Wife brought it in they told her, "Looks like your Husband did his own brakes. Probably just brake chatter." Didn't even drive it. This time we were nice, but stern.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah, the labor is absolutely ludicrous. We told them that if MAX Care did NOT cover the repairs, I would do it myself. I have become quite the driveway mechanic after keeping about 7 cars going for the kids. I have done much more involved repairs, but since it was covered and winter, I said let them go at it! The first time my Wife brought it in they told her, "Looks like your Husband did his own brakes. Probably just brake chatter." Didn't even drive it. This time we were nice, but stern.
You're smart to have the warranty. I don't and just dread the day something that's not mechanical (i.e. computer) goes wrong and I have to pay for software flash or update now that it's out of the basic warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
And how much did the warranty cost? All extended warranties are the company betting that you won't need enough repairs to exceed what they charged you. You of course are betting the opposite. As in all gambling, the house wins more than it loses.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And how much did the warranty cost? All extended warranties are the company betting that you won't need enough repairs to exceed what they charged you. You of course are betting the opposite. As in all gambling, the house wins more than it loses.
The lifetime warranty was $2500 with an employee discount. This is the 1st time using it. It is likely to pay for itself. Even though I am a pretty good mechanic, my Wife likes the warm & fuzzy of the lifetime. A warranty that covers wear items like struts, links, calipers, etc.. is pretty decent.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I paid a little bit more, no employee discount.

It helped me out when my BCM failed.

...one more major component failure and my warranty will have paid for itself. :p

·
Registered
114 Posts

...one more major component failure and my warranty will have paid for itself. :p
I doesn't take to much searching on this forum to see the costs of some of the repairs people have had. Very close to the cost of a warranty!

·
Registered
114 Posts

I doesn't take to much searching on this forum to see the costs of some of the repairs people have had. Very close to the cost of a warranty!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maxcare is great! I had it on my previous vehicle that I owned for 12 years and 135,000 miles before giving to my Dad. I did not hesitate to get Maxcare for my Renegade!

·
Registered
388 Posts
$3000 someone quoted earlier.

Exclude normal wear and tear, tyres, exhaust, filters, clutch, gears etc and you are left with barely anything worth a monetary recovery. Yeah the dealer(ship) wins and we lose on most occasions. 😤😤😤

1 - 14 of 14 Posts