Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

I bought a Glacier Metallic Trailhawk on 4/3, pretty sure I got the first one in the Bay Area. Been lurking here for the past 6 months but it's time to report in.

First off I really like this car but I have 2 problems with it that I'm taking it in for this week this:

- the "SVC 4WD" warning has popped up twice now. First time was at about 500 miles when I started it cold in

the morning, drove to the store, came out and started it back up and the warning was gone. Then yesterday at about 750 miles when I floored it going thru a slight curve getting on the freeway. It stayed on until I got home and shut it off and then restarted it. I haven't done any actual 4 wheeling with it yet other to check out the different modes for a few blocks on the street.

- 2nd problem is with the windshield - it looks like it's delaminating in 3 spots. I first noticed it Friday morning after driving it in the rain the night before which is the first time it has been wet. There's 3 spots, one on the

right side above the Willys about 2" long and 1" wide, and then 2 smaller ones on the left side. All 3 are kind of finger shaped and kind of hard to see unless the light hits them just right. The pictures were back lighted with a
flashlight.

I showed it to the dealer yesterday and was told to make an appointment with the service department tomorrow so they could take some pictures, contact FCA and put a windshield on order.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wouldn't worry as long as the dealership takes care of it the first time. When I bought my Dakota new in 2002 I had some trouble with some rough down shifting. I took it to the dealership fixed it and have never seen the dealership again almost 15 years later. I'm in the market for a TH, I think I deserve a new vehicle after almost 15 yrs of driving the same truck. Love my truck, but it's time to move on. Keep us posted on your experience at the dealership. Good luck and don't worry that's why they have warranties.
Jeff:)

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
The milky windshield thing is odd. I've seen maybe one or two de laminating windshields in my life, and they were more rainbow/oil slick looking.

Odds are it's a one off or limited issue due to something not being cleaned right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uodate:

- got a new windshield installed yesterday.

- they also updated the software from 01030003002-B1-RELS7P10000-0002 to 01030003002-B1-RELS7P30000-0003 per service bulletin 21-038-15 to fix the "svc4wd" issue.

Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I'm curious, is the new windshield OEM type (with the tiny Jeep in it) or aftermarket type with no Jeep easter egg?

TS

·
Registered
194 Posts
I wouldn't worry as long as the dealership takes care of it the first time. When I bought my Dakota new in 2002 I had some trouble with some rough down shifting. I took it to the dealership fixed it and have never seen the dealership again almost 15 years later. I'm in the market for a TH, I think I deserve a new vehicle after almost 15 yrs of driving the same truck. Love my truck, but it's time to move on. Keep us posted on your experience at the dealership. Good luck and don't worry that's why they have warranties.
Jeff:)
It might also help to open a case with Jeep HQ just so there's some paper trail going on just in case things at the dealership doesn't go over well.

·
Registered
454 Posts
It might also help to open a case with Jeep HQ just so there's some paper trail going on just in case things at the dealership doesn't go over well.
I am sure the dealer opened a ticked with them. After all they need paid for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.