Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my TH on Box Canyon trail near Florence AZ . The trail is rated a moderate 2.5 . We made it through the box canyon just fine with its boulder and stepped obstacles.When you leave that part of the trail you start a climb over a mountain pass.At about mile 16 it really starts to get steep.So you have to get some momentum going to make these long climbs , which can be dangerous on ridgeline trails that steep. The trail hawk does not have the engine or torquing power to crawl up at a safe speed while keeping your eyes on the trail .At mile 17.5 it was getting too dangerous so I turn back. For sustained climbing trail I would stay on an easy 2.0
For short climbs and obstacles a moderate 2.5 sometimes a 3.0 with very carefull placement .

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And just as I found a safe spot to turn back, I crossed paths with a sheriff search and rescue and he couldn't believe that I made it up that far with the TRail Hawk,so he followed me back down and through the box canyon ,afterwords we stopped to chat.
He was impressed with the Trailhawk and it's capability!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.