Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the remote start in my TrailHawk before I hopped in my car this morning. The outside temperature was around 36 degrees (2.2 degrees Celsius). The seat heater and steering wheel heater kicked on automatically. I really appreciated this..

Until the cabin temperature equalized (65 degrees Fahrenheit/18.3 degrees Celsius) and I started sweating in the seat. I tried pushing the buttons (long presses, repeated presses, etc) to shut off the seat heater and the steering wheel heater. They did nothing. In order to shut them off I had to pull over and shut the vehicle off. Since I had keyless entry I switched to ACC (pushed the start button without depressing the brake pedal). I made sure the buttons were off, then started the renegade normally.

Fiat, I REALLY need the ability to shut the seat heater and steering wheel heaters off when they are no longer needed/comfortable.

·
Registered
364 Posts
This concerns me. Anyone else try turning them off after a remote start? I was told by the dealership when I purchased my G6 that during cold weather a remote start would turn on the seat heaters and rear defrost, but learned it only did the rear defrost, which was a let down, but since I rarely used the seat heaters anyway, wasn't a big deal. However, when I do use them, it's not for long and I turn them back off because it's uncomfortable. To have to stop the car to turn the vehicle off to turn the seat heaters off is crazy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used the remote start in my TrailHawk before I hopped in my car this morning. The outside temperature was around 36 degrees (2.2 degrees Celsius). The seat heater and steering wheel heater kicked on automatically. I really appreciated this..

Until the cabin temperature equalized (65 degrees Fahrenheit/18.3 degrees Celsius) and I started sweating in the seat. I tried pushing the buttons (long presses, repeated presses, etc) to shut off the seat heater and the steering wheel heater. They did nothing. In order to shut them off I had to pull over and shut the vehicle off. Since I had keyless entry I switched to ACC (pushed the start button without depressing the brake pedal). I made sure the buttons were off, then started the renegade normally.

Fiat, I REALLY need the ability to shut the seat heater and steering wheel heaters off when they are no longer needed/comfortable.

Just curious...do you have the cloth or leather seats?

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
This concerns me. Anyone else try turning them off after a remote start? I was told by the dealership when I purchased my G6 that during cold weather a remote start would turn on the seat heaters and rear defrost, but learned it only did the rear defrost, which was a let down, but since I rarely used the seat heaters anyway, wasn't a big deal. However, when I do use them, it's not for long and I turn them back off because it's uncomfortable. To have to stop the car to turn the vehicle off to turn the seat heaters off is crazy.
I've been able to turn off the heated stuff after remote starts. I have the leather seats, for what that's worth.

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is another situation where low tech proves better. My Cobalt's heated seats are controlled by a switch that physically moves to left / center / right for low / off / high. Not that I'd call it a wonder of engineering.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have at TH with cloth seats and automatic climate controls. I've not used the Remote Start, but today, with the air temp in the low 30s (F) and the Temp Control set on "AUTO", the seat heater, steering wheel heater and rear defroster all came on automatically. I was able to turn them off individually by pressing the appropriate buttons on the dash.

·
Registered
607 Posts

Sounds like a glitch to me. The renegade will normally let you turn off the heated seats after a remote start once you start driving, just like any other car with heated seats and a remote start system.

Try it again tomorrow and see what happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like a glitch to me. The renegade will normally let you turn off the heated seats after a remote start once you start driving, just like any other car with heated seats and a remote start system.

Try it again tomorrow and see what happens.
We just bought our Renegade yesterday (2015 TrailHawk, leather) and we couldn't turn off the heated steering on the way home from the dealer. We used Remote Start and could turn off seat heat, but not steering heat. He had the same experience on the way in to work this morning.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well, it's time for me to drive this vehicle back to where it was bought, only 3000 miles ago, (for me about 3 months)....and give them "THE LIST' of everything electronic that has gone wrong. I've posted in many appropriate places on this forum the issues with radio reception on AM, flaky Uconnect settings changing on their own, cornering lights that sometimes do/sometimes don't, but tonight was the last straw. I could NOT shut off the heat on my seat, though the button was not lighted. I had killed off the heated steering wheel and defrost, (not needed) and I shut off the heated seat, a normal routine for me. It KEPT heating. I literally had to pull over, shut OFF the car, RESTART the car to RE-enable the ability to kill the seat heater. Ironically it had to come ON automatically before I could make it properly shut OFF!

By the way, this is the manual transmission, (obviously no auto start) and I'm used to shutting off the heat option, just want to make sure I always CAN shut it off.

How in the WORLD did such a nicely driving vehicle end up with such poor engineering and implementation of simple modern concepts
which involve radios, electronics, and switches?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Well, it's time for me to drive this vehicle back to where it was bought, only 3000 miles ago, (for me about 3 months)....and give them "THE LIST' of everything electronic that has gone wrong. I've posted in many appropriate places on this forum the issues with radio reception on AM, flaky Uconnect settings changing on their own, cornering lights that sometimes do/sometimes don't, but tonight was the last straw. I could NOT shut off the heat on my seat, though the button was not lighted. I had killed off the heated steering wheel and defrost, (not needed) and I shut off the heated seat, a normal routine for me. It KEPT heating. I literally had to pull over, shut OFF the car, RESTART the car to RE-enable the ability to kill the seat heater. Ironically it had to come ON automatically before I could make it properly shut OFF!

By the way, this is the manual transmission, (obviously no auto start) and I'm used to shutting off the heat option, just want to make sure I always CAN

shut it off.

How in the WORLD did such a nicely driving vehicle end up with such poor engineering and implementation of simple modern concepts
which involve radios, electronics, and switches?

You seem to have a bad one:(
Mine is mostly all fine:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.