Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
You first! Hey, Plant City, you're right down the road (Winter Haven here)! Are you a Renegade owner, or just currently speculating (like me)? I'm waiting for MySky to become available, otherwise I'd already own a Trailhawk.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Jeez, Polk County in the house! All I keep hearing on MySky is 2-3 months, and I've asked 3 different dealers now. But by that time, won't the 2016's be available?

As far as Trailhawks, the closest one to us is at Brandon Jeep, in Anvil. Just called on it today. Guy tried to tell me it was pretty "loaded", but the only actual options he could list off were remote start and keyless, lol.

Sounds like we're in similar boats, I'm looking for a Trailhawk with power MySky, leather, tow group and 9spkr audio. Still can't decide between sand, commando, yellow, or anvil. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeez, Polk County in the house! All I keep hearing on MySky is 2-3 months, and I've asked 3 different dealers now. But by that time, won't the 2016's be available?

As far as Trailhawks, the closest one to us is at Brandon Jeep, in Anvil. Just called on it today. Guy tried to tell me it was pretty "loaded", but the only actual options he could list off were remote start and keyless, lol.

Sounds like we're in similar boats, I'm looking for a Trailhawk with power MySky, leather, tow group and 9spkr audio. Still can't decide between sand, commando, yellow, or anvil. Decisions, decisions.
Ha, loaded! I went to test drive that anvil trailhawk and it was out of gas. Wouldn't start.

Don't have one yet. Waiting on other options to become available.

I'm in Hillsborough county but work in Polk.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Reb[B said:
[/B]el;156177]You first! Hey, Plant City, you're right down the road (Winter Haven here)! Are you a Renegade owner, or just currently speculating (like me)? I'm waiting for MySky to become available, otherwise I'd already own a Trailhawk.
I pass through Winter Haven often on my way to River ranch.

My name is Jim and I don't currently own a Renegade yet. My wife and I have been looking for quite a while for a cuv for my wife and were thinking of getting a Nissan Rogue. That changed one day when I dropped my 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie at the dealership for service and my wife saw the renegade. Now she wants one of those. She also wants one in anvil color which is good cause I only want the trailhawk version.

sam1, it will probably be a few months before mySky is available. Just be patient asa they are working out a few kinks and programming issues.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice to meet you Jim, my name is Klark. We drive a 2008 Colorado crew cab right now, looking forward to getting a Trailhawk in sand or commando. Do you do out to River Ranch often? Any trail out there the Renegade could fit down? I know it's more of a 4wheeler place.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice to meet you as well, Klark.

River Ranch has many trails that the Renegade could fit down. I would say judging by some of the videos on youtube it would do perfect out there. Well, except during wet season as some of the areas out there have 3-4 foot deep water. ATVs are primarily what is out there but many people also have Side-by-Sides and even swamp buggies that they take out on some of the trails. There is also a group of Suzuki Samurais that go out there every once in a while.

I would mostly use the Renegade out there to get to my camp site during wet/rainy season. I love my Laramie, but I really wish it was 4wd as I've gotten stuck a few times. That's where the Renegade comes in.

Do you know of any trails here in Florida? I would assume if there were any, they would be mostly muddy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice, Going Commando! If it were up to me I would choose commando or sand color. How do you like the Rene so far? Taken it off-road at all? Future plans for it...if any?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I see where many people on the forum have ordered with My Sky & are already in JB status. Try a different dealer. First dealer I spoke to said they weren't doing orders & then I told him about the people off the forum that ordered already, & his next sentence right after was, " Oh- I can order for you." I ordered from someone else.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bought an anvil Trailhawk on Memorial day weekend in Brandon. No Mysky or hitch. Have a little shy of 2000 miles with no issues. Like the acceleration and smooth shifting of the transmission. Put on some mudflaps and installed slush mats. Looking forward to adding the hitch package in the next month or so at a local dealer in Bartow. i've seen three other Renegades in Lakeland; a white, red, and orange. Mileage is creeping up and now stands at 25.3 avg. I drive about 70% highway and 30% city during the week. Normal commute is Lakeland to just south of Zephyrhills on Hwy 39 and back. The dealer did a poor job of prepping the vehicle for sale. Transport packaging material was not removed, the antenna was not installed, and it could have been washed and waxed before delivery. The recent rain did not affect handling characteristics at 65-70 mph. Overall very pleased with the purchase so far.
You all take care,
Sam1

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I use to live in Valrico, just off Rt 60. I hope to move back there some day, I miss the Tampa area. We had to move back north for some family commitments but someday we will be back. Hope you are all enjoying your Renegades.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.