Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting close on pulling the trigger on a TH after driving three Jeep Wranglers over 17 years. That said, i am on the fence on the MySyk.

My concerns-
Rattling or creaking
Extensive wind noise when off
Just not that exciting
Interior look

What are your thoughts, would love to hear

·
Registered
211 Posts
-The rattling and creaking is a problem when it's been sitting in the sun
-The noise is no worse than the wranglers with the top down
-I don't know if I'd use the word exciting, but it's fun. More fun than a standard moon roof at least
-Interior look is fine

·
Registered
715 Posts
I use the power daily. Once I finally pull both out, I have a spidershade to put up there, I really wanna use it, haven't had a chance to take a proper trail ride yet ?. I haven't had creaks in my 7 months. Heat in Austin isn't 100 yet but it's not below 68 ever till late October typically.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine are manual. I think they add a lot to the look both from inside and outside. I have no rattling to speak of. Wind noise definitely when off, but not unusual compared to past power sunroofs, so not a problem to me. I love the ability to pull them off in the sun. I find them easy to pull off and put back on, about 5 minutes each way; but I'm tall. I've heard short people have issues with the manual on/off. I'm 6' 2". In fact, I wouldn't have bought the Renegade without them...I think it's the coolest/unique feature on it! Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
I am getting close on pulling the trigger on a TH after driving three Jeep Wranglers over 17 years. That said, i am on the fence on the MySyk.

My concerns-
Rattling or creaking
Just not that exciting
Interior look

The interior looks great.

It does rattle/creak, but I personally don't find it that annoying.

There is wind noise when the panels are open/off, but I think that's to be expected and it isn't excessive.

I love having the option of opening the "sunroof" part or taking the panels off. Overall I'm glad I got MySky.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mine are manual. I think they add a lot to the look both from inside and outside. I have no rattling to speak of. Wind noise definitely when off, but not unusual compared to past power sunroofs, so not a problem to me. I love the ability to pull them off in the sun. I find them easy to pull off and put back on, about 5 minutes each way; but I'm tall. I've heard short people have issues with the manual on/off. I'm 6' 2". In fact, I wouldn't have bought the Renegade without them...I think it's the coolest/unique feature on it! Hope that helps!
5 minutes? literally can do both in 90 seconds.

·
Registered
535 Posts

My concerns-
Rattling or creaking
Just not that exciting
Interior look

Having owned both I wold recomend the my sky. a wind deflector would solve wind news.
It creaks a lot less the the sunroof in my KL for reference.
I like the interior look

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am apparently in the minority. Having had two wranglers with freedom tops i was expecting a similar experience. Nope. I do not have the power which is hugely disappointing. When removed, the buffetting is simply maddening without windows down. I just got back from a 2200 mile roadtrip in my brand new Jeep and took the panel out once.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.