Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered it. Its a brand that i know and trust over the other lifts I've seen. Does anyone have this lift? any feedback on installation, or ride quality?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I ordered it too. Dont'know how long will it take to ship.

Some people on Facebook had this lift on their Renegade.

·
Super Moderator
3,475 Posts
Haven't seen anyone posting with it, but it looks nice. Has sway bar quick disconnects, which are useful.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I had the ATP lift on mine, helps the look of the renny. I think you'll be happy with teraflex, they make some of the best lift kits.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I bought the kit and got it already. It seems pretty good but I haven't fitted it yet. Hope to soon, but I'm getting married Friday so I should probably spend time with the new wife for a bit instead of the Renegade.
You should DEF lift it before. And then on the back window, put (in large letters) NEWLY LIFTED and under that in parentheses ...and married too. She'll appreciate the gesture of taking her around in a taller better looking Rene ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
You should DEF lift it before. And then on the back window, put (in large letters) NEWLY LIFTED and under that in parentheses ...and married too. She'll appreciate the gesture of taking her around in a taller better looking Rene ;)
Haha! Maybe I can do it Friday morning before I get married. That way I can be all dirty at the wedding too! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife has a 2017 trailhawk. Thinking about getting this lift. Does anyone know what the largest size tire that would work with this? I would also prefer new wheels instead of spacers. What offset wheel would I need for taller/wider tires?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
I put mine on over the holiday break. I didn't take a ton of pics because I didn't stop working much, but here's what I got.- Pics!

A before picture showing how bad the rear sag was and how low overall she sat, even with 215/70/16 Toyo Open Country ATII's on. My custom-built HitchWagon® adds about 100lbs hanging a few feet off the rear bumper, and the rear springs were bottoming out. Time for some mods!

Working on the front - doing the second strut.

View of front strut installed.

On to the rear.

Trailing arm spacers

Subframe spacers

Rear struts reinstalled. Note that I also put in some Sumo Springs spring helpers to cure the sag seen in the first picture when I have it all loaded down.

All finished - she's perfectly leveled out now, with 12" of ground clearance measured at the A and C pillars, even loaded down. I keep a full-size spare, some rescue rails, tow rope, a shovel, and a subwoofer in the back, so it sagged pretty bad just with everyday life. The Sumo Springs cured that, and along with the lift, I feel like it's finally the vehicle I wanted it to be!

The kit was actually quite easy to install. I love it so far, although on my maiden trail voyage I didn't disconnect the sway bar and now my sway bar bushings are blown out. I've ordered some Energy poly replacement bushings to put on this weekend to cure that problem.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I put mine on over the holiday break. I didn't take a ton of pics because I didn't stop working much, but here's what I got.- Pics!

A before picture showing how bad the rear sag was and how low overall she sat, even with 215/70/16 Toyo Open Country ATII's on. My custom-built HitchWagon adds about 100lbs hanging a few feet off the rear bumper, and the rear springs were bottoming out. Time for some mods!

Working on the front - doing the second strut.

View of front strut installed.

On to the rear.

Trailing arm spacers

Subframe spacers

Rear struts reinstalled. Note that I also put in some Sumo Springs spring helpers to cure the sag seen in the first picture when I have it all loaded down.

All finished - she's perfectly leveled out now, with 12" of ground clearance measured at the A and C pillars, even loaded down. I keep a full-size spare, some rescue rails, tow rope, a shovel, and a subwoofer in the back, so it sagged pretty bad just with everyday life. The Sumo Springs cured that, and along with the lift, I feel like it's finally the vehicle I wanted it to be!

The kit was actually quite easy to install. I love it so far, although on my maiden trail voyage I didn't disconnect the sway bar and now my sway bar bushings are blown out. I've ordered some Energy poly replacement bushings to put on this weekend to cure that problem.
That sucks, those shouldn't have failed after one use off-road. did you call teraflex to let them know? im installing mine this weekend, now i might wait until i get new sway bar links.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
That sucks, those shouldn't have failed after one use off-road. did you call teraflex to let them know? im installing mine this weekend, now i might wait until i get new sway bar links.
The kit does come with new sway bar links - just my bushings blew out, which don't come in the kit and for some reason, Jeep thinks aren't replaceable. However, this thread shows that they can in fact be changed. I'm going to try to do mine this weekend. I thought about just taking it to the dealer, but they will 100% blame this on the lift, so I might as well fix it myself.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The kit does come with new sway bar links - just my bushings blew out, which don't come in the kit and for some reason, Jeep thinks aren't replaceable. However, this thread shows that they can in fact be changed. I'm going to try to do mine this weekend. I thought about just taking it to the dealer, but they will 100% blame this on the lift, so I might as well fix it myself.
I see yours is not a TH, hopefully the bushings in the TH are better since it's "Trail Rated" I know other parts of the suspension are beefed up on the TH. Im thinking of not installing the disconnecting sway bar links and I installing better standard links to avoid other issues. hopefully i dont have to change the swaybar bushings by going this route.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts

- she's perfectly leveled out now, with 12" of ground clearance measured at the A and C pillars, even loaded down. I keep a full-size spare, some rescue rails, tow rope, a shovel, and a subwoofer in the back, so it sagged pretty bad just with everyday life. The Sumo Springs cured that, and along with the lift, I feel like it's finally the vehicle I wanted it to be!

What are the Sumo springs you mentioned to level it out??

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am interested in the Sumosprings, since we tow sometimes...are they worth $200?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts