Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Etrailer.com has them for $175 now, thought I'd try them, see if it levels out the rear end. Thanks, didn't know those even existed.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Not only is eTrailer out of stock, the price listed on the website isn't even correct. The price of the Sumosprings in the cart is $214. I called and they were unwilling to give me the advertised price on their website, because, I swear I am not making this up..."It's almost summer". Really??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, I ordered from Etrailer.com $176, they were out, but only took 3 or 4 days until they sent out, already installed, worked great, saggy rear end is gone. Be sure and get the 2.25 inch.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Which part number did you get?

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put mine on over the holiday break. I didn't take a ton of pics because I didn't stop working much, but here's what I got.- Pics!

A before picture showing how bad the rear sag was and how low overall she sat, even with 215/70/16 Toyo Open Country ATII's on. My custom-built HitchWagon® adds about 100lbs hanging a few feet off the rear bumper, and the rear springs were bottoming out. Time for some mods!

Working on the front - doing the second strut.

View of front strut installed.

On to the rear.

Trailing arm spacers

Subframe spacers

Rear struts reinstalled. Note that I also put in some Sumo Springs[/url] spring helpers to cure the sag seen in the first picture when I have it all loaded down.

All finished - she's perfectly leveled out now, with 12" of ground clearance measured at the A and C pillars, even loaded down. I keep a full-size spare, some rescue rails, tow rope, a shovel, and a subwoofer in the back, so it sagged pretty bad just with everyday life. The Sumo Springs cured that, and along with the lift, I feel like it's finally the vehicle I wanted it to be!

The kit was actually quite easy to install. I love it so far, although on my maiden trail voyage I didn't disconnect the sway bar and now my sway bar bushings are blown out. I've ordered some Energy poly replacement bushings to put on this weekend to cure that problem.

So what part number to these energy poly replacement bushings? Did they work?

·
Registered
43 Posts
So what part number to these energy poly replacement bushings? Did they work?
Hey! I hadn't done anything to my Rennie in a while, so I haven't been online in quite some time. It ended up just being the say bar endlinks not being tightened enough. They had worked their way loose after initial driving and needed to be re-tightened. I ended up not needing new bushings at all!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts