Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I loved it. At 6'4", needing 2 car seats, one toddler one newborn in a couple months, in the back, there was still plenty of room for me in the driver's seat. My wife had enough room on her side too which was great!

The car felt fun to drive. I felt like I was driving something much larger than the car looks from the outside. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

I wish it had a little more horsepower though, but it was still pretty speedy. The 9 speed tranny felt good in shifting.

If I can get a good price I will probably buy.

·
Super Moderator
3,641 Posts
And I loved it. At 6'4", needing 2 car seats, one toddler one newborn in a couple months, in the back, there was still plenty of room for me in the driver's seat. My wife had enough room on her side too which was great!

The car felt fun to drive. I felt like I was driving something much larger than the car looks from the outside. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

I wish it had a little more horsepower though, but it was still pretty speedy. The 9 speed tranny felt good in shifting.

If I can get a good price I will probably buy.
$500 below invoice should be doable. That's basically the default Costco auto buying program price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$500 below invoice should be doable. That's basically the default Costco auto buying program price.
Yea I was looking into it and should get at least that and also $500 for recently graduating college. I don't think I would get a veteran's discount, unless they do one for disabled vet since I have been out for almost 10 years now.

But I really shoulda said rate, not price. the defauly 4% that chrysler offers isn't very pleasing. I also need to sell my Wrangler first as dealer wants to really low ball me on trade in.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I negotiated about just under 1K under invoice when I ordered. But I am sure they will make it up on my trade in.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If they are anywhere near the ballpark of what you think you can get I'd haggle more. Here's my haggle story:

I had a F&F discount so my sale price was already set. The only haggling I had to do was on my 2012 Ford Focus. Kelley Blue Book valued it as a trade in between $9200 - $10k.

Internally I set $9500 as the magic number to pull the trigger.

The sales rep came to me with $9200 written on a piece of paper from their appraiser. I crossed it out and wrote down $10,000, then crossed it out and put $9750. I told him I really want $10k, but will be happy with $9750. If you can agree to that you can start the paper work.

He went back to the finance people, showed them my counter, and came back right away with the paper work to start the sale.

LOL yea. They only offered me 7k for my 04 TJ with 127k miles. 4.0 5 speed. I know I can get more private sale, if I can find someone who wants that is :p

But if I can't I might just suck it up.

Reactions: Beerwolf70
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.