Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a 2015 Jeep Renegade Limited (Colorado Red) a couple of weeks ago, and I'm enjoying every second of driving it. This weekend, I've been working on a bike mount that allows your bike to be inside and it should be finished today. I mocked it up and drove around with the bike mounted and had no problems. Ill be posting more pics and possibly a video in the near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a 2015 Jeep Renegade Limited (Colorado Red) a couple of weeks ago, and I'm enjoying every second of driving it. This weekend, I've been working on a bike mount that allows your bike to be inside and it should be finished today. I mocked it up and drove around with the bike mounted and had no problems. Ill be posting more pics and possibly a video in the near future.
thanks for the pic. looks like the handle bar would come close to the hatch glass. any problems? i'm thinking of doing the same, would be nice to keep the bike out of the elements and locked inside the car.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Nice idea. I wonder, other than visibility out the back, especially with the 40/20/40 rear seats, if it wouldnt' be better to mount the bike through the center. That would leave more room for 2 rear passengers if you need it. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The visibility isn't bad at all. I was finally able to test it out the other day and it worked fine. The bike didn't move and it stayed solid throughout the whole trip. I'll post the finished product and a video showing the bike while the vehicle is in motion by this weekend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As for the handle bars, they are close to the glass, but the hatch closes with no problems. I wanted to be able to put the bike through the section where only one seat drops and still maximize the amount of room for stuff that I may need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.