Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
The thing I hate about that video is how loudly the brakes moan when one wheel loses traction. Did anybody else notice that? I've driven quite a few 4x4 vehicles and don't remember any of them doing that?
thats called BLD or Brake Lock Differential. The computer uses the ABS sensors to monitor wheel speeds. when one starts moving faster than the others, the brake kicks in to lock that wheel, which then causes the differential to distribute power to the other wheels.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Saw this a couple of days ago. Really glad to finally hear a more in depth review of the Sport model. Makes me think I may be able and willing to settle for this trim.

Time will tell.
I am a fan of TFL Car, I think they are the coolest reviewers out there and I really like and respect their opinion but sincerely, I think that if you want to spend money on the Renegade Sport 4x4 model, I suggest you spend it on a equivalent 4x4 Patriot.

Of course, the Patriot is not as funky inside (out) but you get in my humble opinion more value for money considering that the 4x4 in the Patriot basic trims is as capable and you get more room in the cargo area.

Also with the arrival of the Renegade now you might get good deals on the Patriot and perhaps, you might be able to spend the same amount of money and get a deal with a higher trim Patriot...

I see the Renegade being only valuable in its Trailhawk version as it does not have any competitor out there... It is more or less an economical and low ownership cost type of Wrangler I think...

Just my opinion...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am a fan of TFL Car, I think they are the coolest reviewers out there and I really like and respect their opinion but sincerely, I think that if you want to spend money on the Renegade Sport 4x4 model, I suggest you spend it on a equivalent 4x4 Patriot.

Of course, the Patriot is not as funky inside (out) but you get in my humble opinion more value for money considering that the 4x4 in the Patriot basic trims is as capable and you get more room in the cargo area.

Also with the arrival of the Renegade now you might get good deals on the Patriot and perhaps, you might be able to spend the same amount of money and get a deal with a higher trim Patriot...

I see the Renegade being only valuable in its Trailhawk version as it does not have any competitor out there... It is more or less an economical and low ownership cost type of Wrangler I think...

Just my opinion...
The patriot is an old design whereas the Renegade is brand new with new technology and features. Plus some people may want the turbo:D

·
Registered
48 Posts

Just my opinion...
I hear and respect your point of view and have considered the Patriot. Problem is I don't like how it looks. That and It doesn't give me the bells and whistles the Renegade has.

With the Patriot I'd feel the need to get a higher trim level, but unfortunately, they don't offer the option of a manual transmission past the Sport level.

All things considered, I'm not sure what I'll end up getting but as of right now, the competition is between the RVR and the Renegade, with the Renegade offering more of what I want.

*patiently waiting for the arrival of the Renegade for a test drive*

·
Registered
56 Posts
December 2014 we bought a Patriot High Altitude edition, loaded leather, sunroof, but this Renegade appears to be a cut above. Very excited/curious about the Italian/Euro spec/feel of this thing, time will tell but getting more and more ancy to test drive.

·
Registered
56 Posts
At 6:41 of the video it shows the Renegade getting 14.1 mpg

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
At 6:41 of the video it shows the Renegade getting 14.1 mpg
And? I have a 2.5 liter turbo 4 with awd. My peak mileage is 24mpg. If I really beat the living snot out of it, I can get 6mpg.

SIX.

If I'm stuck in traffic jams all week, I can actually get 14mpg, because idling gets you nowhere. Short of start stop, nothing really fixes that.

14.1 mpg really means nothing without context.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just an observation folks, seen no mention of it elsewhere. No need ta be all butthurt. I realized the deal I was just saying

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.