Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They show the tire compartment (for non-sunroof models), while Nathan points out that the diesel won't be part of the US line up (perhaps later on). Also, they said the Renegade is said to be 600 pounds less than the Cherokee, which variants is he talking about?

Enjoy!

PS. A fully follow up will be this Friday before prices and full details go on line. I told you folks we would hear about this stuff in February.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That MySky is pretty cool. For some reason, I was under the impression it was one or the other in terms of removing the panels (either remove the panels to get the open air feel, or a different option would be the automatic power sunroof); didn't know they were one and the same.

Cool.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Very, very disappointed to see it's not clear. That's one of my must-haves for a new car of mine is to have a sunroof
I have a wrangler so I'm a big fan of open air myself. I'm kind of glad they aren't clear because then the panels would be made of glass and be heavier/harder to remove/more delicate

OR

they'd be made of a clear plastic that I bet would look nasty after a few scratches

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a wrangler so I'm a big fan of open air myself. I'm kind of glad they aren't clear because then the panels would be made of glass and be heavier/harder to remove/more delicate

OR

they'd be made of a clear plastic that I bet would look nasty after a few scratches
True but they could have had an additional option for a "traditional" glass sunroof along with MySky. I would definitely have paid extra for that

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
If watch the other videos on that channel you get.

Sport 17995
Latitude 21995
Limited 24795
4x4 +2000
Trailhawk 25995

Dest +995

Guess they ignored the embargo?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hi Hatman, thanks for letting us know, that is great news to finally hear.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Thanks, saved me some time. I agree it looks like they broke the embargo.

I'm not digging those prices. They aren't bad until you look at the packages. Likely most everything shipping that isn't a sport is going to ahve the safety and security package at least. Why? Because that's the only way I see to get a car alarm, which is a pretty basic item these days. I doubt that is going to be a $200 option.

If they decide that a trailhawk means safety and security group, popular equipment group, and mysky, it means the THs you find will likely msrp for at least $28,995. That's kind of steep. If they don't bundle mysky for the majority of TH units, that'll knock off $1000-1500. AT $27,500, I'm either going to have to like it a lot, or there has to be some decent margin vs. invoice and/or incentives, and dealers willing to negotiate.

Also, a base limited FWD is $25k. If I assume that you have to pay more for leather, mysky, and premium sound, a comperably equipped kia soul, which currently dominates the b-segment box on box market by a LOT, is only about $23k. If you assume MSRP on those three options is about $3k, which isn't being out there on price relative to the market for such options, you are looking at $28k vs. a bit over $26k for a similarly equipped soul.

Looking at various jeep products, 5% below MSRP + about $1000.00 in incentives isn't an unreasonable expectation fro street price. If I apply that to the above, you are looking at approximately $25,600 for the limited FWD vs a similarly equipped soul's $22k-ish street price.

It's not what I would call aggressive pricing. For a loaded limited, it probably only rings up a couple hundred under the equivalent buick encore that FCA name dropped and if you nit pick, a bit cheaper than the juke nismo RS, although I'm not sure that is a fair cross shop. If the SL is considered the fair cross shop, it's likely coming in a several hundred over it.

We'll see what the trax brings to the table. Other than the soul, it seems the whole segment has some pricing issues vs. stepping up to one of the smaller c-segment CUVs out there.

We'll see, but if they hoped to exceed patriot sales numbers, I'm not sure they priced it right. They priced it commensurate with models shipping ~30k units annually.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm very disappointed with pricing. You can pretty much get a Cherokee for very similar OTD pricing.

Especially when you consider that most people will opt for the auto over the manual, and he mentioned AC as a feature of the Latitude over Sport, so I'm fairly convinced the Sport is going to be a very BASE model.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm not thrilled with that pricing.
As mentioned in the video the 4x4 option is $2000. That means your not going to be able to get a Latitude with 4x4 for less than $25000. (Yes I realize $21995 + $2000 is not $25000, I was rounding up to be more realistic).

For $2000 extra I can get a Cherokee Latitude with 4x4, more vehicle for a tad more.
Nice job overpricing and competing with Cherokee sales.

This is of course if these price numbers turn out to be true.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Echelon makes a good point as well. That pricing for the Latitude is for the 1.4t and manual, which is what I would prefer, but most will opt for the 2.4 and the auto.
Depending and how much that option cost the price for a Latitude could get dangerously close to $30000.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah the pricing is a little high. If these are the base prices, by the time you add in options the Trailhawk could easily bust $30K quickly.... For a comfortably equipped Wrangler is just a couple grand more and your off road capability is greatly increased. I was hoping the Trailhawk was a couple grand less and maxing out in the upper 20 range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So lets borrow some pricing from other FCA vehicles to see what a base standard dealer stock Renegade Sport might look like...

Renegade Sport MSRP $17,995
9-Speed Auto Trans. $1,250
Convenience Group Pkg $775
----------------------------------------
Destination Charges $995
---------------------------------------
Total MSRP + Opt & Fees $21,015

I feel like that is FAR to high for this segment of vehicle. Are they really going to offer 3k+ incentives to bring it back down to a reasonable level?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.