Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is that only available on the limited and Trailhawk? It says the latitude has standard the 3 inch black and white cluster. Im also pretty sure i didn't see it as an option or as an add on in a package. If thats true i see no reason to buy a 4x4 latitude unless the MPG is way off from a TrailHawk and the ride is too noticeable.

· Registered
78 Posts
Option Choices are Stupid

Jeep in all its Fiat Wisdom has at this point almost lost me as a customer.

I cant get what I want in the level I want, it makes no sense. I don't need a Limited, but I would like that 7" TFT and I would also like the 9 Speaker Sound Option.

I actually like the Black and Silver Grill on the Latitude, but hey you cant actually get what you want in a Latitude????

I am guessing some of this has to do with being made in Italy, so there really limiting what you can and cant get.

Myself, I am ready to move on.

Flaps

That is correct. IMO the main reason to go with a Latitude is if you want a manual transmission. Otherwise it seems worthwhile to just go up to the Limited (or Trailhawk).

· Registered
111 Posts
Unfortunately the more option combinations they offer, the more expensive it becomes to produce the vehicle. So if everything was offered a la cart, then the price would be even higher. Ever try to price out a porsche with options? You can always get the exact combinations of features and options that you want, but at a very high price...

So they obviously tried to predict what the most popular combinations of options were that people would want. I guess they determined that those who want the fancier electronic gizmos would also want leather seats (i.e. Limited), and they decided those who want a manual transmission would not want those things.

No doubt they used sales figures from other models they sell to make these guesses. I guess some of us on this forum are not the typical customer.

As for me, I'll have to drive both engines and see which I prefer, but right now I'm leaning towards the Latitude with the manual transmission, navigation, and the heated seats/steering wheel package. I'd probably go with the orange exterior with the brown/grey/orange interior, or perhaps just white exterior with black interior. I have to see it in person to decide on color. Yes I'd love to get a couple other option packages, but they are not deal breakers for me. As long as I can get navigation on the lower model, I'll be happy.

· Registered
194 Posts
I guess they determined that those who want the fancier electronic gizmos would also want leather seats (i.e. Limited), and they decided those who want a manual transmission would not want those things.

No doubt they used sales figures from other models they sell to make these guesses. I guess some of us on this forum are not the typical customer.
I suppose I fall into that category. But, up until a few years back, I was able to get a manual in a decently-equipped vehicle. Imagine a Jeep 4x4 that cannot tow. Perhaps the traditionalists are correct in that it is mostly a re-badged Fiat.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
I just want a manual transmission, 4x4, and the 9 speaker (upgraded) audio system. Don't need MySky, or some of the other "fancy" stuff.

· Registered
194 Posts
Right. My ideal configuration would have been a manual and the ability to tow, and the option for premium audio. A naturally-aspirated engine would have been ideal.

I don't care about leather, sunroofs, or anti-collision/lane departure stuff.

· Registered
115 Posts
Jeep in all its Fiat Wisdom has at this point almost lost me as a customer.
This is hardly a Jeep/Fiat thing... every car I've ever purchased has been the same. I can never quite get the exact list of things I want.

Sunroof? Oh, you need the leather for that. NO thanks.

HID headlights? Those are packaged with the Premium Sound + NAV... No thanks again.

(These examples are from my current car purchased 5 years ago... not the Reneagde.)

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
This is hardly a Jeep/Fiat thing... every car I've ever purchased has been the same. I can never quite get the exact list of things I want.

Sunroof? Oh, you need the leather for that. NO thanks.

HID headlights? Those are packaged with the Premium Sound + NAV... No thanks again.

(These examples are from my current car purchased 5 years ago... not the Reneagde.)
It happens to some extent, but the renegade is particularly bad. It is exceptionaly bad in the chain reaction effect of choosing an option. Bundling more desirable stuff with less desireable stuff and being honest about the price is one thing. Bundling it, then having the bundle trigger another bundle, an engine an transmission upgrade, etc. Is just a fancy way of lying to you about how much they are really reaming you for the couple of features you want. Which seems extra stupid int he day of on line configurators. It's not like you don't get an an absurd number that makes you flip the bird at the monitor in the end.

· Registered
78 Posts
Full Agreement

I tried to build the Latitude in Red with the cool looking Bark. Grey, Cant do it, So I tried the Orange, Cant do it ?? Then I find out the Latitude does not include the 7" TFT, there goes the Latitude, so I try to build the Limited, with the nice looking Bark / Grey Interior and Orange Exterior, oh no, cant do it. And if you pick Red you cant get that interior either. WTH, I try the Trailhawk, cant do it, no option other than Black on Interior. Poopers.

So I guess to get that cool looking interior, I have to one pay for a Limited, then get dull colors like White or Black, nothing I really want, or you live without the cool looking interior and get the color you want , but if you want the nicer Dash (7" TFT Color) Your going to spend around 30 Grand on this little Jeep.

Flaps

It happens to some extent, but the renegade is particularly bad. It is exceptionaly bad in the chain reaction effect of choosing an option. Bundling more desirable stuff with less desireable stuff and being honest about the price is one thing. Bundling it, then having the bundle trigger another bundle, an engine an transmission upgrade, etc. Is just a fancy way of lying to you about how much they are really reaming you for the couple of features you want. Which seems extra stupid int he day of on line configurators. It's not like you don't get an an absurd number that makes you flip the bird at the monitor in the end.

· Registered
40 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty offensive.

Like renting a hotel room at a certain price and then looking at your bill with a $20/day "resort fee" attached. What are you getting for the $20? Nothing to be exact. It's just a way of extracting more money from you while making you think you got a deal on your room rate when you didn't.

I want a Latitude with a Safety Security Package ($600) Sure, no problem just give us $1900 (mandatory additional options) and you can have it.

· Registered
1,186 Posts
That is why I downgraded to the base with options. The equivalent Latitude was $700 more but came with things I could live without like dark windows and leather wheel. Dumbing it down came closer to what I wanted than upgrading thru the roof (which I ALSO had to upgrade to a movable version).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.