Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent last week in Joshua Tree with my Renegade and went off-road the first time with it. Went through the Geology Trail, and then a few rougher roads off of that. Handled everything fine, but a couple of spots took some more planning on our part to get through without skidding along the rocks.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Spent last week in Joshua Tree with my Renegade and went off-road the first time with it. Went through the Geology Trail, and then a few rougher roads off of that. Handled everything fine, but a couple of spots took some more planning on our part to get through without skidding along the rocks.
Beautiful photos

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What were the day time temps then?
What are those tiny bright things in the night sky?
We don't get those here
We lucked out when we where there - got up to the mid 90s. So we'd usually head back to the cabin we were staying in around 2-4pm when it was the hottest, and then head back out in the evening.

Stars were unbelievable - especially when we could get a view not facing any of the towns around there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you drive across the rocks in the foreground in the third pic?
We did. A rubicon with giant tires got there at the same time we did and didn't have any issues, but there were a few spots that worried me with the renegade. So we spent maybe 10 minutes leveling some areas out with additional rocks, smoothed things out, took it slow, and got through just fine.

Oddly enough, there were only a couple of times where I scrapped a rock and it wasn't going down that patch, but smaller drops with some hidden rocks. Nothings leaking, so I assume it's all good... :)

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Looks like fun, and great pics!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.